Thursday 17 July 2008

Butterflies.


Have had my craftie head on today. Got wet this morning playing in a league game and as it was still raining when we came back, sat and got out one of the jigsaw pieces Maureen sent me. I alco inked it, then added a thin wash of white poster paint to take the shine off. I then sprayed some cosmic shimmer powder over the entire piece as I wanted an irredescent effect not a shiny one. I wasn't sure if this would work but although the photo doesn't show it very well, it has dried to a nice shimmer effect. (If you click on the photo to enlarge it, the effect shows up better!)

After embossing the edges, I tried out my new stamp! She looked a little 'flat' so embossed her wings and belt with 'enchanted gold' embossing powder. Once she was coloured in I attached her, leaving her wings free. The butterfly at the bottom is an old earring. The cream leaves were cut from a piece of lace and the huge butterfly embellishment at the top is a hair slide. A 3d butterfly, some skeleton leaves, a silver butterfly charm and a mesh/wire butterfly competed the piece.The fibres are the remnants of a ball of wool.

I have called it 'The Butterfly Guardian.'

7 comments:

Maureen said...

She's great Viv and the background is lovely - well done!!!

liz said...

That's really pretty.

artisbliss said...

This really evokes "butterfly" feelings, doesn't it? So light and wispy looking.

Debbi Baker said...

I am so glad I opened the enlarged version - the effect you have achieved is gorgeous - so pretty and delicate. The embellishments you have chosen really finish it off beautifully.

WendyK said...

Lovely piece of work Viv, great effect

PBird said...

She looks great Viv I love it! Its worked so well xx

John Dyhouse said...

wonderful art work Viv, the effect in the background is fantastic.