Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Maureen's Birthday


Some time ago I bought a small gold hinged box made by 7 Gypsies. It has been sat in a drawer along with a few matchboxes. Feeling very brave and with Maureen's birthday approaching, I decided to try the alohol inks (fed up practising on paper!) on the outside of the box.
I was quite pleased with my little self cos the colours turned out really nice! I drilled a small hole in the lid of the box and attached the tiny keyring with the silver key charms.
I thought long and hard about what to put inside. I know Maureen is a keen stitcher but wanted to do something different. After lining the inside of the box with red mulberry paper, I eventually decided to put in the things that most women treasure (the box wasn't big enough to hold a Ferrari!). A love letter, a diamond ring, a string of pearls and of course a favourite shoe!

8 comments:

  1. This is just brilliant, Viv. I'll bet Maureen loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen does love, thrilled to bits with it in fact!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely piece of work Viv, very good choice of colour for the inner lining paper as it really makes the contents stand out.
    BTW - thanks for adding me to your links....off to put you on mine now too!
    Ange xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Lucky Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen told me about this and how thrilled she was with it. Now I've seen it I can understand why. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so sweet! Really lovely and I like the thoughts that went into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its gorgeous! All these lucky people getting all your arty goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate every single one!