Wednesday 22 October 2008

Monochrome

This week


This weeks Mamma challenge was 'Black and White'. For some inexplicable reason I found this challenge difficult. I had lots of ideas but nothing came together properly.

I wanted to do a plain stark composition but after a total disaster with a gouache and ink drawing (twice!!- my drawing is dreadful), I gave up that particular idea..... so it was (sigh) back to the Fimo faces!
This ATC is so similar to an altered CD I did some time ago but was the best I could come up with. This morning I now have loads of monochrome ideas whizzing round in my head but these will have to be put on the back burner.

The background paper is cut from a card sent to me by Renee in the USA last week. She must have had a premonition about this weeks challenge cos it fitted the theme perfectly.
I was happy that on this fimo face I managed to do her heart shaped beauty spot perfectly, less happy that once again I smudged her eyeliner!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

get the Eyeliner from Superdrug Viv, not poundland!!! - anyway whatever it's a great ATC.

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty! I like the layout good job...

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! Your ATC is beautiful!

Chriss Rollins said...

excellent, I love it!!!
thanx for shring it.
chriss x

ReneeBuchananArt said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL job on this one! I tried to send you a note but my computer keeps locking up... ARG!!! I bought an album to give your beautiful cards a home. I also have a package that I'm getting together for you for Christmas. You are such an inspiration :)

Renee

Jinny Holt said...

This is stunning !!!!!!