Sunday 19 October 2008

Stone


Lots to Do this week has set a challenge of Stone. This is a paper collage with a 'stone' head. The head was one of a large matchbox full of similar heads sent to me by Maureen.

I used a stone 'gothic arch' background, coloured the windows with watercolour paint and a stone headless winged angel whose wings were accented with fine glitter. The words are a quote attributed to Pablo Picasso.
I have to go out today but am hoping I can check all the other challenge sites and get on with doing some tonight! I was out all day yesterday so am getting withdrawal symptoms again!

15 comments:

For the life of me said...

this is a fab piece viv x

Ang C said...

what a fantastic piece

thankyou for taking part in the lots to do challenge this week

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!
Hugs Vanja

Andrea said...

Fab piece,love it

Thank you for joining us on lots to do this week

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous work

Thanks for joing in on the LOtstodo challenge

Sherry said...

Really like this one Viv.

Anonymous said...

What a great piece! Love the images and quote!

Don't feel bad I am two days behind on the challenges!

Maureen said...

A good piece Viv.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous!

Anne said...

Lovely work Viv, what size is it please?

Cheers
Anne

ReneeBuchananArt said...

I wish you could sit down and show me how you make your wonderful cards! I LOVE THEM! You are so super talented :)

Renee

Susie said...

I agree you are a super talented lady....this is a wonderful peace....You should think of doing a tutorial

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

amazing!!

Debby said...

Pretty pretty. I really adore your art work.