Saturday 11 October 2008

Windows and Squish a Boob!!!!




The Creative Wednesday challenge this week was 'Windows'.

I have done a 4 x 4 piece. The background was done using Mica pigments in Golden Pear and Violet Frost with a blend of a pale pink ink sponged background. The lady image and the words were printed on acetate to allow the shimmer powders to show through, the flower swirls stamped and the sleeping mask and beads are suspended from the top of the window.

As I have used 3d pads to mount the frame the sleeping mask turns round! I added the lace, fibres and gems in an attempt to give the piece even more depth.
For those of you that have followed my blog this year you will know that the Breast Cancer Campaign is close to my heart.
This little 'Squish a Boob, Save a Life' penguin is a real cutie and as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, please pick him up, pass him on and pop him onto your own blogs!

11 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

Oh what a lovely tribute to dreams. The shape of the window is so appealing and you have embellished it to perfection.

Jan said...

So pretty. What a good idea to use the acetate for the window - great effect. I would say Breast Cancer Awareness is close to so many people's hearts

Sherry said...

Viv this is beautiful and touches my heart!

kareN stampZ said...

Very gorgeous

Sarah said...

Beautiful Love this

Anonymous said...

Lovely! So Lovely! Love all the detail!

Sharon said...

Viv, this is beautiful!

Janet said...

sooooo pretty! i love it!!!

Debbi Baker said...

Just gorgeous Viv! And I love the extra connection with BCA.

Anonymous said...

This is very elegant! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful theme for windows Viv! I totally support you!!
~xx Barb xx~