Friday 12 June 2009

A Caged Bird



Whilst I was trying to concentrate on creativity I remembered this pic so I applied myself to making an ATC as I have wanted to use this image for a while.

The background is courtesy of Flickr and the little hazy blue bird reminds me of Summer - (which I hope is coming soon 'cos it's raining again!).

The bird cage is printed onto a transparency and I cut round it. I always find fixing transparencies a challenge as if you don't get them tight enough the image is blurred! I opted to secure the top of this with an eyelet and I used some glue intended for jewellery to fix the bottom and thankfully it dried clear. The chain was added and fixed with a brad.


9 comments:

Pia said...

wow so beautiful art, lovely details and colours

Unknown said...

oh my this is so clever and gorgeous...in fact its utterly brilliant ...loves sassyx

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Viv!
Hugs, Vanja

Deby said...

Stunning is my word for this! Another ATC well done and perfect for "thinking outside the box" ... or is that, cage?

Flippinpest said...

This is so delicate Viv and you have used the image perfectly

Jan said...

This has worked SO well Viv - absoloutely stunning card

Maureen said...

A fabulous atc Viv, save it for a swap with me at Luffy - pleeeeeease!!!

Leslie said...

What a great ATC, I just can't seem to pull that look together. Fabulous job!! Hugs, Leslie

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Beautiful piece
Hugs
Jennie