I just HAD to make something out of the empty beer cans that OH has been obligingly supplying me with - it was a real labour of love for him as you can imagine - (lol!).
Inspired by Jan (and encouraged once again by Maureen re using alcohol inks) I completed this wall hanging this morning.
The beer can was embossed with the cuttlebug die and then coloured with alco inks (-Burnt Orange colour mostly).
The bird image I printed onto cotton fabric paper. I added some feathers and a couple of 'eggs'. The leaf arrangement on the right is made up of a large leaf that Maureen cut out and embossed for me (from yet another beer can OH donated - LOL) as I don't have a leaf die - (something else for the shopping list!) and two smaller fabric leaves and a couple of sparkly flowers from my stash. The beading at the bottom was a gift from Maureen and I thought it co ordinated well with the piece and finally I added an antique look chain to hang it with.
My other half appears to be delighted that I have taken to wanting metal to work with....... can't understand why!!!
I have submitted this piece to Gingersnap Creations whose challenge this week is to use frames.