Friday 8 January 2010



Am a bit like a bus today... not seen for ages then 3 come at once! LOL


Have taken advantage of the weather and been in the workroom all day - haven't created much - apart from a couple of cards the only other thing I made was a mess!


Anyway here's the third post for today.


This card fits two challenges - Tuesday Taggers theme is Black and White and Gingersnap have a Once in a Blue Moon challenge of Monochromatic Clean and Simple Cards.

Background done with the Cuttlebug 'Spots' embossing folder, and I used one of my favourite stamps on black textured paper and embossed with Seafoam White embossing powder. Matted and layered onto white then black card and mounted onto the background with 3d pads to give some depth to the stamped image. Finished with some spotty ribbon!
I was going to put a greeting on this but decided to leave it blank so it can be used for any occasion.... hence the small seed heads matted and layered in the top left corner!

16 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your black and white creation is beautiful. I love the Swiss Dots CB folder, anyway. Your combo is really classy.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the dotty background xxx

Anne Jagger said...

This is so elegant, lovely. Thank you for your kind comment. x Anne x

Zoechaos said...

Thank you for your comment. Yours is a beautiful B&W card deceptive in its simple appearance and very elegant.

Debbie Dolphin said...

thanks for your comments.Love yout card.i just love the cb!!
debbie xxx

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning! I love that stamp, but I've never tried embossing it - I will now! Very very elegant.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous design and I love how you tied in the dotted background with the polka dot ribbon.

Unknown said...

Awesome card Viv, ultra Elegant, many thanks for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Jan said...

I LOVE this Viv. So clean and simple but SO effective. The stamp is fantastic

Chriss Rollins said...

happy 2010 and your blog is looking great.
love the snow pics.

take care
chriss x

Debby said...

Viv it's beautiful! Love the black and white with a spot of color behind it. And your time piece. Wowza. Jaw dropping gorgeous.

Anne said...

Very elegant, I have this stamp and love it!

Unknown said...

A lovely classy card and as you say perfect for any occasion! Thanks for joining us again at TT this week x janet

Neet said...

As the previous post said - very classy. I love the image you have used and how you have composed the card.

Michelle said...

SUch a classy card Viv, perfect entry for Tuesday Taggers. Thanks so much for joining us this week,
x Michelle

Vanja said...

Just gorgeous!Very elegant.
Hugs, Vanja