Monday, 18 January 2010

Time Goddess


This month's challenge on Art N Soul was to make a 'Garden Themed Goddess' from a template.

The template was supplied by The Enchanted Gallery.

So here is my effort!

She measures approx 8" tall plus her sign. I cut her from mountboard and then used Shabby Shutter and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. I love this blossom stamp and although I suppose it should have been used on a more oriental themed project I don't think it's too out of place here! The stamp was embossed with gold embossing powder.

Her hair is gold embroidery thread. I take no credit for the beautiful clay face. This was sent to me by the 'Face Queen', Sherry at Christmas and although it was a wrench to use it, if I'd have tried to use one of my attempts she would have turned out to be an ugly goddess!

The 'clock' is a button from my stash (had it years, can't remember where from!) and I put some tiny pearl and gold seed beads round her neck. She comes complete with her own suitable distressed lolly ice stick attached to the bottom so she can be stuck into a plant pot.
I have also submitted this to the Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations who have set the theme of embossing.

14 comments:

  1. WOW, how beautiful. Lovely colour too. Gorgeous.
    Happy Crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Viv! and as always I love your choice of music I always bop along when I visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goddess is beautiful. Every garden would love having her as a goddess (lol) Petra. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Viv, so I may even get the 'face' back if I'm lucky in the draw - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooo shes cute matey i might even have a go myself later...ive got the template s watch this space ..lvs yer sassxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Viv wow she looks amazing! gorgeous striking colours. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow she is awsome! I think u did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've commented on your Flickr site but have to tell you again that I think she is amazing! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful, Viv! I love her sign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow she's amazing! Everyone needs a garden goddess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow she's amazing! Everyone needs a garden goddess

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is beautiful! Embossed dress and gold hair look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so gorgeous and so usual. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate every single one!