Sunday 8 April 2012

Butterflies, hearts and CAKE!

BE WARNED!! THIS IS A PICTURE HEAVY POST!!
Happy Easter! Are you all full of choccie?? I have been VERY good so far as I've been busy finishing off this project.
This is for a friend who's grandson is getting married later this year and they wanted something different than the normal cards.
The wedding colour scheme has the bridesmaid dresses in gold and caramel so I picked the gold colour to theme the box.
I used white pearlised card which has some sparkly dots embossed on it for the basic box  which measures about 9cm square. The heart ribbon I have had in my stash for a long time and I wrapped it round each individual side, securing it underneath another layer of card inside.

The box lid was decorated with a handmade rose made with the rose creations nesties, which I embossed the petal edges with gold embossing powder and dabbed a little bit of 'Diamond' stickles for a bit of bling.

The two satin flowers with the pearls are from my stash as is the gold mesh. I tied two gold curtain rings with white ribbon and secured underneath the flower decoration, then stuck it all onto the lid.


I then began to finish off the inside - first I added another layer of gold card on the four sides to add a bit of extra weight, then embossed some pearlised card, cut out a fancy frame with a nestie and glued on some pearl hearts.

The names of the bride and groom and the greeting space were printed direct onto the pearlised card and glued on.












The inside centre of the box was layered with the same sparkly spotty card as the outside and I made the 'cake' using the same white card and gold embossed a border around each layer.

The butterflies were punched out by my own personal craft supplier (otherwise known as maureen - LOL) and I added a wee bit more diamond stickles to make them gitter.
The acetate strips were cut from a nestie package and the gold hearts were from my stash.
On the top of the 'cake, I put a pair of gold goblets, added a bit of sparkly fibre and some pearls.
I am really pleased with this exploding box, the butterflies and hearts wave about brilliantly when you take the lid off and think although it took me a while to put together, it was worth the effort! I hope the recipients think so too!!
A couple of challenges about so am submitting this into -
Craft Us Crazy- Anything but a Card
Flutterby Wednesdays - Open challenge
Just keep on Creating - Anything Goes 
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - To Die For 
The Crafty Pad - Just Die-delicious
Gingerloft - Anything but a card
Dream Valley - Wedding/love
Crafting when we can - Things with Wings

Thanks for calling in today - please leave a comment then I know you've paid me a visit - I love visitors! x

33 comments:

Jan said...

I LOVE this Viv. It's gorgeous xx Jan

Teresa said...

Absolutely stunning work Viv, this is really precious and I think it should be treasured.
Hope you are enjoying Easter Sunday.
Hugs Teresa xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. Oh WOW, how beautiful is this and what a wonderful keepsake. I am sure that they will be overjoyed with this.
Good luck with the challenges, its a definite winner in my eyes. STUNNING.
With love, Sandra xxx

Unknown said...

Viv what a work of art . what a stunning exploding card filled with goodies . Wow great work hugs Elaine

JoanieMc said...

Oh, what a wonderful and beautiful creation. My daughter made mine for my Birthday and I really treasure it. Your embellishments are gorgeous. Thanks for joining The Crafty Pad Challenge. good Luck.

Hugs
Joanie

Jan said...

That is just totally beautiful xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is absolutely beautiful Viv,
Kevin xx

craftysue49 said...

Amazing work Viv ...sooo beautiful xx

PetraB said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning. So elegant and gorgeous! Happy Easter Sunday.

Dawn said...

AWESOME! Die-liscious indeed! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Netty said...

wow Viv this must have taken you ages, its brilliant. Annette x

suzARTe said...

Oh my goodness, all I can say is this is just amazing and certainly worth all the hard work. Everything stands out beautifully especially with whole project just being gold and white, awesome. I am sure your friend will be forever grateful that you made this, it will be something kept for a lifetime.

Wishing you a very Happy Easter and no I haven't had too much chocolate yet, I plan to make up for it though.

Thanks so much for entering your at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to WOW us with your beautiful creations :)

Shelby said...

This is just so over the top brilliant! Absolutely amazing and just love everything about it.

Shelby

Venus said...

Oh my!! I just love making exploding box myself. What an inspiring creation you have here. It's stunning!

Thanks for joining The Crafty Pad

Venus
http://weheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com/

June Nelson said...

Now hey you pack this in,Im not into having to think of a comment this early in the morning, so im not ive only found one word at the minute cos its too early..................FANTASTIC!!!! wowser Vivvy girl words fail me, its just wonderful, happy easter monday darlin xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Viv what a gorgeous box and such wonderful details inside.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Oh wow Viv, this is absolutely stunning. It must have taken ages to create :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

oh wow this is amazing viv.so detailed and beautiful and i love the delicate colour :D

xx coops xx

Janette said...

This is so stunningly gorgeous, what a creation and a wonderful keepsake, oh wow I just LOVE it..xx

TRACEY MO said...

Wow this is gorjuss they will love this forever!!! Lush clours & embellisment.

Thanks for joining in at Gingerloft
Tracey DT

M said...

wow, this is absolutely BRILLIANT! M x

Pia S said...

Gorgeous exploding box! The white and gold colors make it look so elegant too.

Lizzy said...

Wow wow wow, this is so beautiful, what a clever gal you are, I love it! Thanks for sharing xx

Jules said...

Fantastic Viv .. .. absolutely fantastic!!!

I loved it before I even saw it open.

How very special.

Love Jules xx

Sarah said...

Wow! What a beautiful keepsake! Very inspiring!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Claire Spielman said...

Stunningly beautiful!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Monica said...

STUNNING, JUST STUNNING!!!

Monica xxx

Anne said...

Wow absolutely stunning my first visit to your blog but definitely not my last. Cheers Anne

Sherry said...

WOW!! This is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft's Challenge.

Hugs,

Sherry

Unknown said...

just a mamooose wowzer!!!!! matey..this is simply beautiful, and they will love it...i certainly do,,,what a wondeful keepsake..so proud of you my dear friend..ok scruib that last bit lol..iv have had more tablets lol....nah!!! loves you lots hugs sassxxxx

Suzie's Card Den said...

I just discovered your blog, fantastic work.
Hugs from your newest follower
Suzie xx

Anonymous said...

stunning what a fabulous keepsake well done xx

Lee said...

WOWSER,you are clever.Hugs xx