Sunday 22 April 2012

Getting your money's worth!

If you're thinking this looks familiar then you're right!
I made a very similar card last weekend.

This one was made at the same time for my MIL to give to her good friends as they celebrated their golden wedding yesterday and I couldn't post till they had received it.

Some time ago during an internet trawl I came across a site called 'Imagine' which is primarily for people who want to make their own wedding invitations etc. This shop supplies amazingly gorgeous embellishments at real reasonable prices and for the likes of me, who doesn't have a stationery business, the best thing is they offer in single quantities too. So.. despite the imposed 'saving up to have a couple of massage spas on September holiday' spending ban - I succumbed and ordered one or two... well a few really!

Made the easel with white pearlised and gold mirri card on a scalloped card base, used a MS punch for the edging and the prop, and the inside sentiment was computer generated - I think it's a lovely sentiment for an anniversary. I popped a couple of sparkly heart shaped gems onto the base too.

The front of the card was done with the same Viva 'Flourish' stamp which I think is going to become worn out very quickly!! Embossed with gold embossing powder and the gold ribbon was from my stash. The crystal diamante heart securing the ribbon looks absolutely fabulous in real life and this pic does not do it justice at all.
I'm really glad I bought a few of them and suspect this last little pile may not be the only purchase from this shop. 
The celebration was a lovely intimate occasion with just 30 close family and friends sitting down to a great meal in a private function room at a local golf club and I was very happy that they liked their cards!


Challenges -
C.R.A.F.T - Wedding/Anniversary
Crafts4Eternity- Something new
Alota Rubber Stamps - Easel Card
CYDA- Metal (and the heart is metal based)
Stampin for the Weekend- Sparkle and Shine
Cards Galore - Celebration
Bearly Mine - Embossing

Thanks for taking the time to look at my little creation - hope you're all having a perfect day whatever you're doing. x


26 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooooooooooooooooo loved the last one and love this too very elegant hugs sassxxxxxxxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. This is fantastic. So classy and very elegant. I love it. Goregeous colours too.
Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

M said...

I commented on how much I loved the last one, and this one is just as fabulous! That webstore sounds very interesting! M x

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv this is beautiful...it really is a stunning card...love the background flourish stamp

Anne

Jan said...

Viv your cards are so special thanks for sharing I love this one. xx Jan

Mrs A. said...

What an absolutely stunning creation. No wonder they loved their card. I'm just putting the finishing touches to a ring pillow for my son's wedding next Saturday. Wish i had known about that site for embellishments!! Hugs Mrs A.

Jackie said...

This is soooooooooo classy and stylish, a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

craftysue49 said...

Stunning Viv ...Love the gold very stylish xx

pinky said...

This is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love that heart.......

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Sheila in Cyprus said...

This is stuning Viv. Love the gold embossing. Wish you had'nt mentioned the store though as I have had a quick peek and there are so many goodies that I like and could possibly need!
Love Sheila x

Donna said...

Stunning and elegant card, I bet the people that received this absolutely were thrilled with it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Bearly mine Challenges.
hugs
Donna xx

paper fun said...

Your card is gorgeous. So beautiful and elegant.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

coops said...

wow this is fantastic viv.really stylish and classy :D

xx coops xx

Anne said...

Viv this is lovely, such an elegant card.
Anne
x

carol said...

So pretty, such a lovely card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at CRAFT x Carol

Teresa said...

Wow! Stunning card Viv. xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

lovely card, thank you for your kind comments on my blog

you have some very nice cards yourself.

jacqui x

June Nelson said...

now this is beautiful me darlin, will you send me one when I have my golden wedding?? I will have to get married first like!!! just gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxxx

Liz said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
Liz

Aunty Sue said...

Wow how amazing is this thanks for sharing at Craft this week

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A very stylish and elegant golden wedding anniversary card. I love the crystal diamonte heart.

Thanks for joining us this fortnight in our metal challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Hugs Sarahxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi viv
Wowee! Stunning gorgeous .... This has the x factor .... Love it
Hugs Sylvie Xxxxxx

Isobel said...

What a great card Viv ! Thanks for joining us at cards galore and good luck x

Teresa said...

Ooh Viv you're a winner at Alota rubber stamps today, congratulations. xxx