Wednesday 25 April 2012

Has winter returned?

Flippin 'eck! It's been pouring down here today - cold, wet, windy - 'orrible!!!!
Had to go out too as I had a hospital appointment so braved the weather and went for lasagne and garlic bread with OH afterwards - which was nice and at least the steaming coffee warmed me up a bit.

It's been a  couple of weeks since I've had enough mojo (and time) for Less is More - have managed a couple of CAS cards recently but none of them have fitted the challenges - maybe I shouldn't have posted them and saved the pics in case Chrissie and Mandi come up with a theme and I had a card to fit???
Am not so sure that this is really up to the mark either, but have posted it anyway so hope it passes muster.........

The basic card is Ivory linen (although it looks white here). I like this embossing folder and use it a lot - the stamp is 'Garden Chic' by Ecogreen  - have you ever bought a set of stamps cos you really like them and then struggled for ideas as to what to do with them? 'Cos that's exactly what happened to me with this set.
Determined to try and create something with them instead of them gathering dust in the drawer, I dusted the stamped image with Shabby Shutter, Wild Honey and Scattered Straw distress inks. I used a watercolour brush and coloured the poopy heads with Barn Door DI and then used some glossy accents.

The little bee is from the same stamp set and I added a tiny bit of glitter to it's wings. The twine started off it's life as black and white so ran it across the ink pads. As the LIM challenge called for a charm to be used I added a flower to the twine and tied them all together.


Overall I think this is an 'OK' effort. I have another idea in my head and if I can get the cells and the hands to work together I may submit another - but don't hold your breath!

Other Challenges -
My Time To Craft - Garden Gems
Paper Pretties - Clean and Simple
Shopping Our Stash - the letter 'B'
Fab N Funky - No Designer Paper

Thanks for looking - hope you're all warm and dry wherever you are! X

20 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the embossing and the cute little bumble bee...

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv I love your card ..like the background and your vibrant colours of your image

Anne

Chrissie said...

There are quite a few layers Viv, but it's a fabulous card.
I love the treatment of the flowers and the embossing is great.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

A super card Viv! I LOVE the little bee tag and the effect of the ink on the twine is lovely :) Sarah x

Bedecked Beads said...

Love the card Viv, especially because I adore poppies. You have really made them popp by using the glossy accents and the colours really compliment each other
Val (aka Flippinpest)

June Nelson said...

This is fabby me lovely, love that little bee tag too, infact basically love it lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helen in the UK said...

Love that you tinted the twine to match in! Great card :)

coops said...

gorgoeus card viv.i love the emmbossing and stunning design and images ;D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

It's well more than 'okay', it's beautiful, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Wendy said...

This is fabulous Viv, love it...Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Wendy xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous hun, love the vintage feel against the white card looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft!
Hugs Shell xx

Diane said...

Wonderful card and I love the detail of colouring the twine it works so well with the bee...and I know what you mean about buying stamps then not sure what/when/where to use them....i do that all the time!!!!
Diane

Mandi said...

More layered this time Viv but fantastic nevertheless

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Scrapmate said...

Love the colours you've used, definitely my colours.

Mrs.B said...

I love the colours on this image, really 'pops' with the white embossed background.
Avril

Shelby said...

Love how you've done these poppies and the bee is just wonderfully creative!

Shelby

Jules said...

You are very hard on yourself Viv!

I think this is a great effort and if I had made it I would be really proud.

Love the colours and the touch of glossy accents looks great.

That bee looks brilliant!!

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Deena said...

that debossed background is fabulous as with the shiny flowers...Thanks for joining in the "B" challenge at Shopping our Stash...

Rach83 said...

Great card for our no designer papers challenge. Your embossing folder is great and would be very useable. I love that stamp and your added extra bee!

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you can make it again soon.

Rachel x

Crystal said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the distressing and embossing! Thanks for joining us over at SOS this past week :)