Sunday 29 April 2012

Sketch

Think the 'Head Girls' took pity on us this week and gave us a CAS sketch to follow this week over at Less Is More.  I am normally not very good at all following sketches but even I couldn't make a mess of this one!!!!
Pop across and check it out - if you don't normally do CAS cards then there's bags of inspiration to be had from the challenge participants the majority of whom are definitely the Queens of Clean and Simple.
So keeping with the theme of Queens, here's my offering for this week with another little Queen Bee.

I always panic going 'straight to card' and as normal had to trim it again to make it central - despite using rulers, post it's and anything else laying about on the desk I never manage to get the image perfectly positioned! (Should have gone to specsavers!)

Used my usual linen texture card and I coloured the collage image with promarkers. I didn't want to go over the top with the colours as I wanted the bee to be the focal point so tried to use soft pastels to contrast with the yellow.

The bee was layered using 3d foam pads and I added a bit of glamour dust to the wings - well a queen has to have a bit of bling doesn't she???? LOL
The sentiment was a freebie from TLC - never used it before but it just seemed to fit with the collage somehow.

Other challenges -
Phindy's Place - Clean and Simple
Inked Paws - Clean and Simple
Catered Crop - the letter 'B'
A big 'Hi' to all my new followers - it's lovely to see you and I hope you visit me often - when you do leave me a comment then I can come visit you too!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, and hope you're not all too wet - did someone say drought??????? Where??????? 
PS - Just a couple of hours left to vote over at Fashionista!  

50 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, this is so cool - love it,

Liz x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Viv. Many details on a little space. Great.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Viv. Fabulous. Love the sentiment, perfect match for the image.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Jan said...

Seriously bee-utiful card!

Have voted for you thrice.... dont know if it's allowed or even if it worked lol

Chrissie said...

This is just fab Viv! I love the effect of that gorgeous bee!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Laura said...

Love the bee! Great card.

annesyme said...

Just perfect. Love it!
Anne x

Anna said...

what a lovely card, i love the 3D bee. I know what you mean about the 'straight to card' - so much scope to go wrong, but when they work (like yours) they are stunning.

Anne said...

Viv what a stunning card and love that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place too :)
Anne
x

Anne said...

What a great bee - and who wouldn't want to be 'Queen Bee' once in a while? Cheers Anne

Scrapmate said...

Oh this is lovely!

Carol Willis said...

Hi Viv
Stunning card, you half expect the bee to take off!!
Hugs
Caz x

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, just a gorgeous card, Viv! Love the dimensional bee!! I laughed when I read about you getting nervous about going "direct to card" ... me too!!

Viv said...

Another fabulous card again Viv, well done :) Viv xx

bettieboop1uk said...

fabulous card, love the ideas.

Cec said...

This is lovely. I love the dimension and the sparkle on the bee. You didn't say where that image came from - it is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Linby said...

This is just beautiful, I just saw it over at TLC too. I thought it was all bought together it fits so well with the image.
Linbyx

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv what a fabulous card just live your image


Anne

Unknown said...

Viv, this card is stunning. Just took my breath away...........

Unknown said...

cor matey this is a bee-utifull card..love it really top notch yer a bit good ant yer and couldnt have submitted anything bee -ter lol!!.. love sassxxx

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Oh WOW! What a beautiful card Viv :) Love everything about it. Sarah x

Linda McClain said...

Oh my . . . this is stunning! I love every detail about it. Thank you for sharing it with us at our Catered Crop B challenge. Gorgeous.

June Nelson said...

What a brilliant card I would never have thought of making a card with a stingy bee!!! but it works me dalink!! and its gorgeous too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant card Viv, stunning use of the sketch.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

What a wonderful card and image, it looks perfect to me :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning vi.really fab cas design :D

xx coops xx

Suze Bain said...

What a lovely collage stamp and sentiment. The touch of sparkle is perfect. xx

Dotty Jo said...

This is brilliant Viv - so elegant! Jo x

Rosemary said...

stunning card!! love the way you popped up the bee...

Monica said...

STUNNING!!! Love your queenly card with the glitter... Super bee...

Monica xxx

Maribel said...

Precious, I love bee¡¡

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! Where is the bee image from? I love TLC, I think I got that sentiment too!

Rosmarie said...

A really nice idea. I do not often see that kind of image!
I find it very beautiful and is very well done!

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog.

Daen'Ys ♥

Maureen said...

Absolutely love this!!!!!

Aileen said...

This is brill! x

Ally said...

wow wooooow woooooooooooooow that's an eyecatcher for sure!! Can't stop looking at this card, very beautiful!
Hugs, Alessandra

Helen in the UK said...

Bee-utifully done :)

Annie said...

wow! what a stunner and I love the image with the bee. hugs, annie x

Sally H said...

Wow! That is stunning, Viv. Very regal!

Shelby said...

Love love love love it! Just awesome creativity. I may have to bookmark this for a later creation!!

Shelby

Vicky Hayes said...

Truly stunning Viv!

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely stunning Viv! Vicky x

Lee said...

FANTASTIC.xx

Clare said...

Just love this theme with the bee. Beautiful card.

G Peplow said...

OOh Love this card Viv. And a special well done for incorporating so many challenges, Gay xx

Jenny said...

Love this image Viv and what a super sentiment too?..the bee looks brilliant popped up from the card base too :0)
Jenny x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Gorgeous card love it!

Tina

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh I love, love, love this! I love the combination of images, and those sparkly popped-up wings are wonderful. Love how you went over the edge on the top right. Love the frame. Just fabulous all around.

Heather said...

This is stunning Viv, the design is fabulous, the decoupaged and sparkling wings of that Bee is sensational.
hugs
Heather xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love your design and the dimension!



I’m stopping by from the Catered Crop.

~Cheryl~

**I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**