Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Bad Penny

Like a bad penny I've turned up again! I've also turned up the heater in the craftie space... my goodness it's been chilly here today - long sleeves, a cardi and socks have been donned this evening. Ah but only SEVEN more 'sleeps' till the big getaway! Well actually it's more like six and a half 'sleeps' seeing as how the flight is at some silly o'clock time but just think, I will be sunning myself in my favourite hotel, being spoiled rotten some 8 hours later! Are we there yet??????? LOL

Sorry - get back to the card...

I had some fun with stamps and ink for a change after being inspired on pinterest - I lurk about on there as you can get some fab ideas when your mojo has gone awol....

This is a layered card, made using linen textured paper.
The stamps are a mixture from Viva Decor, Personal Impressions and Hero Arts and the inks were also a hotch potch of different makes - Simply Red not by Mick Hucknall (!!) but a cheapie pigment ink bought in the bargain bin of somewhere or other, Wild Honey distress ink and Salmon Adirondack Lights.
Considering I just stamped using stuff laying about on the desk, it's not turned out too bad (well I think so anyway!).
The huge red button is from Mum's button box and the ribbon is from my stash.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Challenges -
My Mum's Craft Shop - Buttons
Paperminutes - No designer paper
One Stop Craft - No Floral embellies
Love to Create - Ribbon
Totally Stampalicious - Ribbon
Sparkles Monthly - Nature

That's it from me for today - am away to look through blogland before bed! x

19 comments:

  1. Love the card and your colour selection.

    Where are you going on your getaway? I'm assuming long haul - have a wonderful time

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the image...fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and a lovely sentiment, great colours.
    Have a lovely holiday :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles monthly challenges for our * Nature * challenge.

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty, love the colours & sentiment!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles monthly challenge, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi me luvverly ...been bloomin cold here too....love the card...stunning...i think your a little excited arnt you...but you need a rest...lucky bugger..so jealous...love sassxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this viv.really gorgeous stamps and your design and colours are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning little card me darlink and love the sentiment too, its perfect for this card, just gorgeous, I haope you have a brilliant holiday, huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your choice of gorgeous colours. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this one.Gorgeous colours.
    I just might have to case it lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that's gorgeous!!! Love the colors!! Thanks for participating in LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours on your card Viv!! Hope your desk is a bit tidier, but as far as being burgled goes.... have I ever shown you a picture of my daughter's bedroom? Have a geat holiday! Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This car is so cool. Love the layered stamping and the panels of white look amazing.

    Shelby

    And maybe you're the good luck heads up penny:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a fabulous card again Viv, enjoy your break away too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, and your colour choices. Thanks for joining us at MMCS.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your card! Thanks for showing it for paperminutes.
    Hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful CAS card with a stunning colour combo x
    Thanks for playing along with us at MMCS this week & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate every single one!