Wednesday 13 February 2013

Spreading Dreams

What a Day! Snow this morning, howling winds now it's pouring down! So cold too... not where I am though!! LOL
Heaters on and a woolly jumper sat here in the crafty space making messy listening to the awful weather - what more could a girl want??
Started this little project a few days ago and have fiddled and fiddled and eventually put something together which I now think is acceptable!
The canvas measures 8" square and I wanted some 'depth' so turned it over and used the inside aperture. (I lined it with two M and S Sofa Fabric samples!)
Before starting I needed to 'square off' the inside to make a box so I used some canvas covered mount-board and painted it in a dark creamy colour before gluing it in place.
Made quite a bit of mess doing the frame really - I put some modelling paste all over the edges and once dry started adding layers of paint in varying shades of cream to make a textured base.
Out with the Bronze Cosmic Shimmer which was just randomly applied, then a few spots of gold embossing powder. I then blasted the whole frame with the heat gun.
Not content with this I then rubbed some metallic cream over it in a verdigris colour and just for good measure painted some watered down pearlescent tint across the whole thing and blasted again with the gun!
Some vintage cotton lace and seam binding ribbon with a bronze heart charm on the bottom and two metal corners. 

The quote is one of my all time favourites - I love it - 'I have spread my dreams beneath your feet - tread softly because you tread on my dreams' is from He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven by W.B.Yeats and I printed it onto fabric then after suitable distressing and ragging glued it in place.
The vintage image, music sheet and script were all printed onto fabric and stitched, before placing into the centre onto a wooden board to lift it up.
I used some muslin, a few paper flowers, a scrap of lace, a tiny chipboard piece with a pearl glued on and then finished it with a tiny pearl where the lady's necklace is and a string of pearl beads.

Challenges -
WOW - Romance and Love
Happy Campers - Shabby Chic
Anything but a card - Share the Love
Hotshot Crafts - Anything but a Card
Anything Goes - Vintage
Top Tip Tuesday - Let me call you Sweetheart
My All Crafts Challenge - Show what you create
Creative Creations - Love themed
Simon Says - Something Messy 
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Anything Goes


Off to grab a coffee then a trawl through blogland! Have a great day! x

39 comments:

Rina said...

WOW Viv!!!! WOWWWWZZZZZAAAAA!!!

Rina

Veronica said...

Oh my gosh this is so beautiful. Takes my breath away.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Creations Challenge Blog. We change our challenges every other week so make sure you stop by frequently and join us. We always have some great challenges and surprises going on.
Veronica DT

Crafty Lark said...

Great project, I loved reading about your make. xx Flora

Astrid Maclean said...

Utterly gorgeous, beautiful and stunning!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Amazing!

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful back to front canvas, great textures and beautiful design, Annette x

Suze Bain said...

Lol, Viv, I had to smile when you said you'd used M&S samples. I've acquired a fair few of these but haven't decided what to do with them yet! This is absolutely gorgeous, lovely images and I love the lace and seam binding. Must've taken you ages to do. xx

Pia S said...

Making this canvas frame was really worth the effort, the result is absolutely beautiful! Love the textured feel created by paint, it works so well for this shabby chic/vintage style project!

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Beautiful Viv what a composition
jacqui x

Mrs A. said...

Vintage to perfection!!!! What an idea to turn the canvas over and use the inside. Now that's what I call thinking outside of the box!!! I have a couple of oil paintings that I did in art class and now hate so may well adapt your idea and turn them over for something else. I love your finished masterpiece. Hugd Mrs A.

Gillian .... said...

This is soooo pretty, some awesome texture to your altered shadow box.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Stunning Viv, I like everything about it!!!!
Kevin xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous use of a canvas Viv! Love all the vintage embellishments and how clever to use the back to make a box. The quote is stunning xx

sparklingblackrose said...

Fantastic Viv, youve done such a good job of capturing a vintage feel. I love it! Thank you so much for joining my All Crafts challenge lovely-hope to see you enter again soon :-) Elaine-xxx-

Elaine Stark said...

Amazing project. Love all the texture and colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Unknown said...

Hi Viv, What can I say!!!! WOW Stunning , springs to mind...... I love your piece of art.. it's gorgeous .... Thanks for sharing and joining in with us at Happy Campers xx

Meggymay said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous. Every part is inspirational.
Yvonne x

perfectly4med said...

Cracking mixed media piece - sometimes you need all the layers and heating to get the effect you didn't realise you were after when you started ;)

Thanks for joining in the WOW! Embossing Powder February Challenge and good luck!

Neil

perfectly4med said...

Cracking mixed media piece - sometimes you need all the layers and heating to get the effect you didn't realise you were after when you started ;)

Thanks for joining in the WOW! Embossing Powder February Challenge and good luck!

Neil

Jules said...

Hi Viv

This is totally awesome. So many gorgeous elements and textures.

This must have taken ages to make but worth every minute.

Love Jules xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv this is stunning....love everything about it

Anne

Beccy said...

Your canvas is gorgeous Viv, what a great job you did! Love the fabric pieces and the pretty flowers you scattered about, and I also like the little bronze heart in the bottom corner... lovely little touch.
Cheers,
Beccy

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Viv - I spotted this delicious creation on Pinterest and just HAD to pop over here to leave a comment!
The shabby chic vintage detail is fabulous and I love what you've done with that wonderful quote. I could look at this all day long!
Sylvia xx

Candy C said...

Viv....your shabby chic nostalgic piece is beautifully done! I love the texture you've achieved on your frame. Such a nice, subtle crackling and textured effect! Love the metal corners. Love the sentiment! Love the bits of lace and feminine touches with the flowers and pearls. The sweet sheet music, letter and photograph that you've machine stitched and placed in the center of your frame are lovely. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Jassy said...

Absolutely beautiful and the verse is from one of my favourite poems!

Unknown said...

Amazing creation Viv, love the bronze heart, pearls and the touch of lace. Gorgeous vintage just love it...and WOW. xx

http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

junemac2 said...

WOW Viv, that is incredibly beautiful. What a gorgeous creation.
And thanks for your comment on my new blog. its good to be able to get to follow my friends again.
Hugs June x

Anonymous said...

wow viv what a stunning creation its just wow how clever are you xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creation. Thank you for playing along this week at “Creative Creations”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

Lee said...

Absolutely Gobsmackinly FANTASTIC.Hugs xx ps Very mild wev here lol.x

Annette said...

Just beautiful. I just noticed the little pom poms at the bottom - sooooo lovely. Fab colour scheme too with the white and apricot.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx


Anna-Karin said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful project! Love the textured frame and all the details are so pretty. Wonderful piece. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

Jess said...

Stunning project with great details! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Stunning!!! Thank you for playing along With WOW Embossing Powders

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is an awesome little piece of art. Love the vintage/shabby chic style.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Mau xx said...

Gorgeous creation Viv, I so love shabby Chic and vintage and you have excelled with this,its Beautiful!
Hugs Mau xx

Sarah said...

WOW! Simply stunning!

Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge.

Sarah x

Lin said...

OMW Viv, stunning, gorgeous, amazing........ running out of adjectives here. This must have taken you ages!

Lin xx

Rach x said...

How pretty is this- a beautiful mixed media project.Thanks for joining us at the WOW Embossing Powder Challenge x

sparklingblackrose said...

You have been featured :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/featured-crafters-from-my-all-craft.html