Saturday 1 February 2014

Wild!

In the last hour it has turned absolutely wild here weather wise. The sleet/snow/rain is blowing sideways and the wind is howling. So having been out earlier (when it was much calmer although cold)I have now taken myself upstairs to the craft space!
I bought this stamp over a year ago from a crafting buddy as she no longer wanted it. Anyone would think that I didn't really want it either as this is the first time I've used it!
And to be honest although I love the stamp, I cannot feel the same way about the finished card.

But at least I can say I DID use the stamp even if it goes back into the drawer for another year!

I considered colouring all the image but in the end just highlighted in bits, using Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed DI to continue the acid yellow theme of the papers.
The papers came from the stash pile (where else??!!), stitched and distressed lightly with the edges inked in 'Sacttered Straw'.

I made a crumpled shabby bow from more papers which were a similar colour.

Finished with a few pearls and an organza bow with a metal handbag charm.

Carried the papers on through to the inside and have at the mo left it blank sentiment wise - might add one at a later time!

Challenges -
Crafty Hands - Shades of the Same Colour
Simply Create Too - Female
Crafting 4 all seasons - Girly
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Sunny colours
Alphabet Challenge - Z for Zesty

I welcome your comments as always and I hope wherever you are you are safe and warm away from any bad weather. x

23 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Hi Viv! I like to color and it probably would take me that year to come up with a color scheme. This one rocks this image. Really does fit this card.

Blessings

Doreen said...

Love this fab image and design.xxx

Mrs A. said...

Yep. Yellows the in colour this year and you have created an absolute masterpiece here. I love every thing on his card. Hugs Mrs A.

Kat said...

Great card Viv. I love how you've coloured that lovely image. That "crumpled" flower looks amazing. Love it. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I love the elegant image and beautiful papers.
Sue xx

Meggymay said...

Great card Viv, love the colours and the image looks so stylish.
Yvonne

Wendy said...

So beautiful Viv, fabulous image.
Wendy xx

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Viv, Glad you're joining us at Simply Create Too for our Mother's Day/Female Challenge. Your yellow card is beautiful and just right for our challenge. [I don't think this stamp will stay in your drawer for another whole year--your creation is too pretty not to use often]

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Darnell said...

Well that image made a perfect card for all these challenges, Viv! I love the very specific look and how you have colored it and backed it and topped it off with the matching crunchy flower. The organza bow and charm are icing on the cake!!

I hope the wet gale goes away soon! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy said...

Thank you for sharing this elegant card with us at Crafty Hands, good luck! Xx

Jackie said...

I love the card. I had this stamp at one time and gave it to a friend because I couldn't really see myself using it again :o)
Jackie xx

Pia S said...

This is so very stylish, love the use of yelloq colors and the image of the elegant woman!

Unknown said...

Very stylish! beautifully made Many thanks for entering the Crafty Hands Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Monica said...

Such an elegant and refined card. The little charm is befitting.

Wendy said...

Thank you for sharing this very elegant card with us at Crafty Hands, good luck! Wendy DT XX

Sarn said...

Very stylish indeed Viv. I also own this stamp (we have great taste!) . . . and I LOVE it, but rarely use it. Really like what you've done with it though.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

sue t. said...

Nothing like be in your happy art space when the weather is bad!! I love your card and the highlighted color is perfect! Ink that stamp again soon!! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!!

paper fun said...

Very fashionable! Gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Dawn said...

A fantastic Girly card! I love the colour scheme!
Thanks for playing at CFAS this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us over at CFAS, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

I think you should leave that stamp out for another project. Your card turned out beautifully! Love the stamp! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

coops said...

so gorgeous viv.i love your classy lady and your colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

mypaperstation said...

I love the color you chose and your bow is so pretty. I still struggle with them! :) Beautiful card!

Yvonne
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
My Paper Station
http:// mypaperstation.blogspot.com