Thursday 24 April 2014

The Greatest Game Ever Played

We have a lovely day here so it's off out for me in a little while - as the rain is set to supposedly set to return tomorrow!
Am carrying on making the odd 'man' card and here's another for my 'show and tell' today.

Amongst my collection of images was this one of the vintage golfer - when you look at how he is dressed , shirt, tie and jacket, it makes you wonder how he could hit a golf ball!

I printed the image out on linen embossed card then distressed running 'Tea Dye' round the edge. Then matted it onto a dark brown card.

The papers were from my stash and although I think I've been using them up the piles are not getting any smaller - I think the Paper Fairy is coming in and secretly adding to them....

The plaited twine I have had for absolute years (and I MEAN years) - wrapped it round the matted card and stuck it on the top with a button 'golf ball' .
The crossed golf clubs are from the same button set.

Finished with a stamped sentiment (a freebie from a magazine) which I just tucked underneath the golf ball.
Inside decorated to match.

Challenges -
Penny's Paper Crafty - Masculine
Paper Shelter - Masculine
House that Stamps Built  -Repeat Impressions DCC423 ~ For the Guys.
Divas by Design - Movie (The Greatest Game Ever Played - which is about the 1913 US Open)
Seemacrafts - Vintage
Crafting Cafe - One for the Boys
Fantastic Tuesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking the time to come and see me - I'll be back later to catch up with you all - have a great day whatever you're doing. x

31 comments:

Sarn said...

Nothing ODD about that male card Viv! Very vintage and just PERFECT!

Hugs, darn Sarn xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Design, thank you so much for joining in with the the fun over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, it means a lot....I hope you will join us again next week for another fab challenge, and Good Luck in the draw....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Xx

Pat said...

I love this vintage card Viv. The backing paper is perfect with that argyle pattern, and the way you have distressed and finished it with the golfing embellishments all fits with that wonderful vintage image so beautifully. x

Netty said...

Perfect card for a golfer Viv. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Irish Cherokee said...

Vintage and lovin' it. Nice.

Canonbury creations said...

Wonderful Male card Viv, love the image and the perfect argyle BP! I love vintage cards;)
Val x

Unknown said...

Love your card makes a nice change to see a mans card thanks for joining us at seemacrafts x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Viv. I love the image and papers, the golf clubs and ball look brilliant!
I think I may have the same Paper Fairy here too!
Sue xx

pauline said...

cute image great man card ,thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts April challenge

Pia S said...

Everything on this card goes so well together, it's a beautiful male design and I love the vintage feel of it!

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, I love every little bit of it, the papers, the textures, the fabulous image, the distressing.....need I say more :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Viv what a perfect masculine card, love the image and the papers are perfect! Susan xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fantastic and fabulous card my hubby is a keen golfer just love the golf ball button and golf clubs have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Nannieflash said...

A fabulous male image one my FIL would have loved. Thanks for joining us TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Viv said...

Such a great male card Viv,you did an excellent job. I still hate making them, I have resorted to making digi ones for them now lol :) Viv xx

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe and good luck.
Mags
x

Mrs A. said...

A wonderful vintage male card. From the same era when they sat on the beach in their sunday best with the men rolling up their trousers and shirt sleeves to make it casual! Must have been just as uncomfortable. hugs Mrs A.

Dawn said...

Great vintage style card for a man!
I love thoe little golf clubs! Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafting Cafe this month!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Viv just popped back with my DT hat on to admire your card again and thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck. Susan x

Crafty Judith said...

fabulous make hun and ty so much for sharing with us at fan-tastic tuesday very good luck x

Unknown said...

fabulous card thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts

coops said...

fantastic male card viv.stunning vintage image and your design and papers are just perfect ;D

xx coops xx

Marla said...

Amazing card. Thanks for joining the Seemacrafts challenge. TFS

Debs said...

Fabulous male card - love the image and the vintage style - perfect!!
Thanks for playing with The Divas this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

mand said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe, Ax

Unknown said...

A perfect card for a gentleman. Thanks for joining in at Penny's this week.
Cheers Nicole DT

Unknown said...

What a fantastic masculine card. I love the vintage flair. Thanks for sharing this with us over on Seemacrafts Vintage challenge for April. Hugs, Donalda Design Team Member

Unknown said...

What a fantastic masculine card. Love the vintage flair. Thanks for sharing this with us over on Seemacrafts Vintage challenge for April. Hugs, Donalda Design Team Member

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane x

perfectly4med said...

Love the way you've carried the vintage feel from the image to the rest of the card.

Thanks for joining us this month at The Crafting Cafe and good luck!

Neil

Sammy said...

I love this! The neutral colours and papers are perfect, and I love the distressing. Thank you for joining in with the challenge at The Crafting Café. Sammy-x