Monday 14 July 2014

Wet Feet

Made this for a friends birthday - this Wetlands set is being used to death at the moment - but I really like it!

Used black card as the base and the coloured card is also from Stampin Up (treated myself!). Ran the top piece through the 'dots' embossing folder and the bottom piece through a houndstooth check one to give them a bit of texture, then matted onto the base card.

The string was 're-cycled' from a parcel !
Had a little bit of fun making messy with the distress inks and masking before stamping the wading birds and foliage.

The 'summertime' sentiment is an old one which was part of a set of floral stamps - can't tell you which company.
I was happy with this make and more importantly so was the recipient!
Challenges -
Allsorts - Splish, Splash, Splosh
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Choc, Coffee & Cards - For the Birds
Creative Corner - Water 

And whilst we're on the subject of wet feet thought I would share these two pics of our bowling green on Friday night taken during a County Pairs semi final- the 2 players ran for cover as we were treated to an immense (but quick) thunderstorm! First pic shows how deep the water was in less than 20 minutes - second shows it draining away 10 minutes later!

Talk about rain! The wading birds would have been quite at home here!

Thanks for stopping by today - I've had a busy few days but have a couple of free days now so will be round visiting!
Have a lovely (dry!) day whatever you're doing. x

26 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Viv
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Love everything about your card Viv. Lovely colours and inking and fab image and sentiment. Gosh what a terrific downpour, we've hardly had any rain up here! Susan x

vic said...

Gorgeous card viv love the stamping!!

Vic x

Carole said...

This is lovely Viv. I like how the colours run through your design. Boy that was sure some downpour you had!

brenda said...

That's some rainfall Viv hope you took your wellies.

Your whole card ticks all the boxes for me and I 'need' those birdies.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week, your card is just perfect.

Lots of new blood coming in but will they replace Mr S I wonder.

B x

Sarn said...

I LOVE that SU Wetlands set . . . and you've made a really gorgeous card with it Viv.

Shocked at the bowling green water! Amazed at how quickly it drained!

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful card Viv, I love this stamp set and that sentiment is perfect! Hope you were careful not to step in a "poodle"! Xx

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful card Viv, I love this stamp set and that sentiment is perfect! Hope you were careful not to step in a "poodle"! Xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love your card Viv gorgeous colours this is also one of my favourite sets

Anne

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Viv. I love the image and the colours are wonderful.
I hope your weather has improved now!
Sue xx

Kathleen said...

LOve this type of card, gorgeous scene, wish I could do them.

Kath x

Joanne said...

What a beautiful card, and your layers look fantastic! I love the combo of the birds and your sea grass, just lovely! Perfect card for our challenge at CC&CC! Joanne

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous card... Love this set to!
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Mrs A. said...

I love everything about this card. It is perfect. Gosh that was some downpour you experienced.
We were up in Derby so missed the bad weather. hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Viv, love that gorgeous stamp and the gorgeous colour combination...perfect colouring.xxx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start


Jackie said...

Stunning card Viv, just perfect. OMG, that was some rain shower!!! :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card.
Luv
Debby

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow wow wow Viv...its fabulous!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Veerle said...

What a beautiful card very different with all the yellow. I like it a lot. Greetings from Belgium, Veerle.
http://veerleskaartenhoekje.blogspot.be

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent coloring Viv. Love the image. Did you go wading or swimming? That was some downpour.

Mummylade said...

What a lovely creation and so fitting for our water challenge at Allsorts - thank you for joining!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is an amazing scene you have created and one can feel the misty morning on one's face.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, fantastic bird stamp. That is some downpour you had.
Thank you for sharing with Allsorts Splish Splash Splosh challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the colours and sketchy image -my word that was a downpour!!!Thank you for joining us at Crafting at the Weekend
Carol DT x

Darnell said...

What a lovely visit I've had catching up with you, Viv. I am on inspiration overload and truly love each one of your creations!! That baby girl card on today's post just took my breath away. What a gift all by itself!!

But since I can't stop at each post, sadly, I did want to stop her to comment on the flood photos from the torrential rains. Thank you for sharing. It is definitely scary how mother nature can change the landscape in a matter of minutes!!

I hope you have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

another stunner - My set is as yet un inked - shame on me!