Saturday 27 December 2014

Favourite 5 Christmas Cards 2014

I play along every year - and every year I have trouble picking 5 cards - not cos they're all my favourites but because there's such a lot I think I could have done better!
Anyway here goes with my 5 picks -
 My fave 'twiggy tree' die used every year for a lot of my cards, and a blue glass star which I've had in my stash for simply ever!

 One which I hadn't previously blogged - done on cream base card which is a change for me - getting the lines round the edges of the layered squares reasonable straight for embossing was a bit of a challenge!
Another White on White with a splash of colour and a few sparklies!
An image from the marvellously talented Mo Manning has to appear in every list of my fave cards!
And last but not least a  card which shows a stamp I used an awful lot this year - it's detail embossed beautifully and I made a lot of cards using different coloured embossing powders and spent a lot of time sticking on teeny gems in contrasting or coordinating colours!
 Looking back on this years I did manage to make my cards using different techniques - dies, embossing and of course colouring despite trying to keep those that I had to post very thin so it didn't cost a fortune!
I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and thank you to Debby for hosting the Fave 5 again this year!


17 comments:

Julie B said...

Great cards Viv, love the Mo Manning one most I think.:)

Di said...

A lovely choice Viv - and too funny, I'm just the same as you. Spend ages perusing back over the year and wishing I'd done things better/differently - but, we're our own worst critics and your choice is just gorgeous.

I was sooooooo tempted to run away and buy the Twiggy Trees die just now, then I checked back to where I used the Arboscello Tree die and snipped all the leaves off to create a twiggy tree. Common sense won - but maybe I'll regret it 'cos those leaves take forever to snip away :) I do love the single star you added - it also looks great in black with a single heart shaped gem or nail head for Valentine's Day!

Hugs

Di xx

Carole said...

Lovely cards all of them............perfectionists are never happy with their own work, art is personal, I know where you are coming from...we just expect too much of ourselves sometimes, bu if we go back to the start we can see how far we have improved! Your work is beautiful!

Mrs A. said...

What a fab five you have picked . I loved that birdie card the first time round. Thanks for showing again. Hugs Mrs A.

Jackie said...

A wonderful favourite five Viv :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

What a wonderful selection of Christmas cards.
Thank you for joining in with my Favourite Five Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous colours, design and wonderful image/s used Viv for this amazing display...love them all....xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Sarn said...

Beautiful selection of your FAB cards Viv.

Don't see any Brusho creations amongst them though . . . saving 'em for next year are ya?

Happy New Year to your and yours.

Hugs, darn Sarn xxx

Sally H said...

Five stunning Christmas cards, Viv! I love them all - you are too hard on yourself! All very elegant and beautiful. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2015 brings you everything you wish for x

Desire Fourie said...

Viv this is a stunning series of Christmas designs and such a wonderful reflection of your awesome creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing them. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pia S said...

Wow, you've made some gorgeous Christmas cards this year. I believe my favorite is your first one. Love how the blue star adds color to this otherwise white card.

Linby said...

Lovely cards. Inspired idea to put the star on the tree and the branch one I am going to have to CASE - never thought of using the die like that!
Happy New Year.
Lynn x

Wendy said...

Fabulous selection Viv, all so gorgeous, love them all!
Wendy xx

Darnell said...

You've properly pegged them, Viv!! These are all extraordinary from a group of really beautiful cards, and some excellent use of snippets in the bargain!! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Hi Viv, what amazing cards, I love all of them of course! Hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you a very Happy New Year also. Saw your Bruche pic on fb, my OH finished his training in 1972 so not long before you ;) hugs Viv xx

Joey said...

WOW Viv these are absolutely stunning and so elegant. Jo x

Kathleen said...

Well I missed this post, I don't know how, some stunners here and love all of them.

Kath x