Saturday 6 December 2014

Last Posting Date

I am a smug little person today - spent yesterday writing my Christmas cards and discovered that in the 'Card box for Christmas' stash I only need to make about half a dozen more for some close friends.. Could this be the year that I actually have them all finished before the middle of the month???
This card is winging it's way across the pond  to our adopted niece who lives in the USA  -(or will be come Monday when I am robbed by that Dick Turpin man usually known as Royal Mail
Lauren is growing up fast now - she is I suppose a bit of a tomboy but has her 'girly' moments too so I am hoping that she likes this!

Stamped and coloured with Promarkers then the edges distressed and a little sprinkle of glamour dust.
The background holly paper from  my stash layered onto dark green card, then a scrap of coordinating dark green  holly paper stitched over.

A die cut corner and a great big dark green bow added, the post box given a little bit of that expanding flocky stuff (wish I knew what it's real name was......)  and finished with some red flowers and a green crystal drop.
The 'letters' were cut from a 'flowersoft' sheet which I have had for about 8 years - they just seemed to fit!
Inside done to match.

Thanks for looking today - it's a cold day here so no play possible as the green is frozen - we have been very lucky up to now -this is the first time we've not been able to get on the green this winter - for me now it will be in the warmth of the craft room for the rest of the day I think!

Challenges -
A Crafty Mess - A/Goes- Traditional Christmas colours
Alphabet -V for Variety - 3 different embellies (Flowers/Crystal/Ribbon)
Fussy & Fancy #128- Happy Holidays
Crafting with the Dragon - Christmas Time
Aud Sentiments - Bingo (Diecut/Stamp/Bling)
STAMPlorations - Stamps and Designers Choice - (September - Stamps and Markers)
Jingle Belles - Anything Christmas Goes
Completely Christmas - Anything goes/Twist - Holly

33 comments:

Kathyk said...

Glorious make - your niece will love it.

You're not wrong about Royal Mail/legalised highway robbery .... I recently had to send five envelopes abroad (containing 7 cards in total) = £7.34!!!!!!!!

Kathyk

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Viv, gorgeous card, love the little envelopes.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Di said...

Hi Viv!

What a gorgeous card - LOVE the image plus all the extras you added to make it so very special!

Harrumph, if you've finished writing your cards, get your 'elf' over here and do mine please!

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

This is just stunning Viv, such a beautiful traditional fee.

As I write this I am wondering what's happening at Anfield, dare not look as yet.

Happy weekend.

B x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Viv and i am sure your niece will love it have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv sweet image and grear colours

Anne

Sue said...

So gorgeous Viv, such a sweet image and beautiful detailing.
Sue xx

Céline said...

fab card
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
hugs
céline

Jacee said...

Super card, love the little envy!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Pia S said...

This is beautifully feminine and Christmasy, Viv. It's a gorgeous image, love the layout and all those small envelopes, so perfect for a mail themed image!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and a stunning bow, so cute the envelopes.
I posted to USA yesterday and it cost me £1.20 I didn't think that was bad but it was a really flat card, I did expect more though.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and a stunning bow, so cute the envelopes.
I posted to USA yesterday and it cost me £1.20 I didn't think that was bad but it was a really flat card, I did expect more though.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Kath x

Tammy said...

This is stunning Viv! I love that sweet image and your gorgeous embellishments, fabulous little envelopes too! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card Viv. I'm at the post office Monday as well, still Christmas is only once a year.
Yvonne x

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Viv, love the image and fabulous details.
Wendy xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I like the image and the colours
Kevin xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Viv what a fab card, I love those little letters. Hugs Susan x

Jackie said...

I posted 3 cards on Thursday, one to Oz and two to the US, all flat, and it cost me £6.45!!!!!
Wonderful card, very pretty :o)
Jackie xx

Pat said...

This is such a lovely detailed card Viv and you will be needing a mortgage to post this one abroad.. lol. I am feeling very jealous that you have nearly finished you cards as I have quite a few to make yet. x

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely loving the vintage feel to this and the little cluster of envelopes is a lovely touch.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lee said...

Hi there.LOVE your card,so pretty love those lil envelopes great touch.Yep don't we just love Royal Mail NOT lol.Hugs xxx

Sarn said...

Fantastic card . . . LOVE that big bow and the cute envelopes xxx

paper fun said...

So very sweet. I could weave an entire story from that sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Fab! I love all of the little details. The bow, the envelopes, the snow - perfect! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Mau xx said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I am sure Lauren will love it.
Hugs xx

Mrs A. said...

Another perfect card. The image is a sweetie and all the embellishments just right. Loving the colours too. hugs Mrs A.
p.s. If you want to get rid of the annoying verification box that is appearing on all our blogs then go and see Di's blog for the instructions. hugs Mrs A.

Wheelie Crafty said...

Wow what a gorgeous, card and image, I really love them both, well done!!
Thank you so very much for joining in on our challenge at "A Crafty Mess." Good luck, and we hope to see you again soon...

Rhonda DT
http://a-crafty-mess.blogspot.co.uk http://craftyartisans.blogspot.co.uk
http://101watercolor.blogspot.co.uk
http://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.com/

Sandy said...

Lovely card, fab image and love the addition of all the little letters. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this challenge and hope to see you again
Hugs,
Sandy

Cards By MI said...

Very cute! I love the envelopes with the sentiment. Looks fabby! Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments. Merry Christmas!
Love n hugs
Marie

Barbiedi said...

beautiful card, i love the stitching and embellishments, thanks for joining in with the Dragons challenge

Susan Renshaw said...

A gorgeous card. Love the image, the letters and those holly papers! Thanks for sharing with Dragons Lair!

shirley-bee said...

Wonderful girly Christmas card! I love all the little details, especially the expanding flocky snow stuff ;) Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations!