Saturday 28 February 2015

Saturday already!

Can't believe it's Saturday - A quick post from me as it's been quite a while since my last one. Am beavering away getting organised for next Saturday so thought I would share a CAS make which is now in the card box.

I really like these colours together - and it was a bit of a happy  accident as I had originally intended to stamp the flower (from the SU Bloom with Hope set) in different shades of orange and yellow!

I used Memento Pear Tart (an awesome green shade which I LOVE!), and Adirondack inks Pink Sherbert and Wild Plum and stamped onto a left over piece of card.

I put a tiny sparkly in the shame shade in the centre of the flowers and simply rounded off the edges before layering onto the base card (with rounded off edges!)

The sentiment stamp is by Technique Tuesday and I finished it off with three more tiny sparklies in the same colours.

Haven't managed to enter the Less Is More Challenge recently owing to the other mayhem that's been taking place (see post below!!) but this week it's 'Makes Me Happy' and these colours DO make me happy as does the overall card, not least because it was never intended to look like this but I like it!!

Other Challenges -
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - Bingo (Bling/Flowers/Pink)
Natalie & Amy - Flowers
Gem of a Challlenge - CAS
And Sarah told me that over at the Muse Card Club there is a lovely CAS sketch (I am following as many CAS sites as I can for inspiration as I really do want to not face CAS cards with trepidation!) so I have linked up my 'amazing' card (LOL!!).
Thanks for looking - appreciate you leaving me any comments and have a great weekend whatever you're doing. xx

32 comments:

vic said...

Hi viv your card is just lovely! The flowers look so pretty and I love the bright colours they have put a smile on my face ;)
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Vic x

Lee said...

well,I think this is Stunning,it makes quite an impact.fab colours.Happy Weekend.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I love the flowers and the colours, Thanks for playing along with us at Gem of a Challenge, Good Luck
Kevin xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card beautiful flowers .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the pretty colours of your CAS card Viv....

Anne

Sarn said...

LOVE this fabulously colourful but CAS card Viv.

Hugs, darn Sarn xxx

Anne said...

Viv they are lovely happy colours aren't they! Looks like you have been busy with your bowls jollies lately! :)
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM

Lynne said...

Have to agree Viv, those colours are fab and go so well together. Lovely card.
Lynne xxx

Carole said...

So you should be pleased with it Viv , it's lovely!! I really like the colours you have used...and the stamp...a lot of people seem to use SU stamps..will have to investigate.A fabulous CAS card!!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Viv, I love the way you have stamped the flowers and the colours are beautiful.
I hope you are having a good weekend.
Sue xx

Jacee said...

What a great design Viv, it's lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Kathleen said...

I like it too, fabulous choice of colours and a fabulous card.

Kath x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This card is super gorgeous Viv ... when I saw the little thumbnail picture I assumed you'd linked up at the Muse Card challenge too!
You should it's a great take on that one too.
Thanks for playing along at LIM as always
Sarah
Less is More

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Viv, the colours are gorgeous and love the CAS design.
Fabulous photos in last post! Congratulations!...looks like you had a wonderful time.
Wendy xx

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Love the colours and design, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Jackie said...

What a wonderful CAS card, love the colours :o)
Jackie xx

Chrissie said...

This really is a lovely happy card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Ardyth said...

Love how these flowers look stamped in colour, rather than coloured-in. Fresh and airy! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely take on the Muse Challenge, the colors are stunning.

Sand Lee said...

So pretty! Love the colors you used!

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing and beautiful coloured card Viv.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

Cute, these colors look like spring!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love this stamp and how you used it.

Shona Chambers said...

Well, I don't think you need to be scared of CAS cards anymore....this is perfection!!! Its funny how we all have our favourite ways of doing cards. I get flustered when I need to layer papers and it always ends up looking messy, need to do those kind of cards more often! I just love the colours you used for the flowers, they go together beautifully and the rhinestones are the perfect touch of bling. Thank you so very much for joining me at Muse this week and maybe I will be seeing more of your cards in other CAS challenges......

brenda said...

Morning Viv,

I need to mail you but lost all my mail contacts in the recent computer issues, can yo drop me one please brenda@ibas.co.uk.

Lovely floral card btw,

B x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A gorgeous CAS card Viv and your pictures below are fab. What an exciting time ahead for you! Susanxx

Pia S said...

I like you mix of colors, makes your card look really fresh!

Wendy Fraser said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour combo, thanks for joining us at A gem of a Challenge xx

Viv said...

Loving the card Viv, the pretty flowers and the bright colours just make it perfect. How you are finding time to craft just now amazes me lol ;) Viv xx

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Viv, so pretty. Carol x

AO Creations said...

Love your CAS card, so cute!! Thank you for joining us at Audsentiments, good luck!!! Amy DT