Sunday 18 October 2015

FIRST ONE!

Big round of applause please................. I give you ..................... my very first Christmas card of the year...... CLAPS WILDLY!!!!

OK - so it's not brilliant and the pic doesn't help (the light here is terrible today - typical grey and very overcast) - but let's face it it IS a card!!!
Just evolved after messing about a bit with inks really.
Used Pumice Stone DI on a scrap piece of card - really to see what shades could be achieved but then thought I would try stamping over it with a pine branch and Weathered White embossing powder.
Just dusted some sparkly on it when done and mounted onto plain white base card.
Sentiment is from SU also stamped in Pumice Stone DI.
You will have to trust me when I tell you this card looks fine when you get it in your hand! 
Will keep experimenting with the inks - I have almost all the colours and confess to sticking with my old favourites rather than seeing what I can do with the rest of them!

Challenges -
Addicted to CAS - Sparkle
CRAFT - Christmas
ABC Christmas Challenge - U for Unusual Christmas Colour (Pumice Stone!)
Fab n Funky - Square

Having a 'play day' today - driving to Kent tomorrow for a presentation on Tuesday - hoping I manage to get the ink of the fingers before I go! Hope your day is a good one. x

22 comments:

Jan Malcolm said...

Phew x well if this is the first of however many the recipients are going to be delighted x absolutely stunning card Viv x truly beautiful
Jan x

Doni High said...

Beautiful! You have really captured "Sparkle"- great job. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Pat said...

This is so elegant and pretty Viv and I love the pumice stone inked background with the pine branches and added sparkle. x

Wendy said...

So beautiful Viv, love the sparkle. Well done starting your Christmas cards, must think about starting mine too.
While I'm here, thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

brenda said...

Same weather here Viv !

Lovely and elegant card, I've been pushing myself to get some done for the upcoming season, problem is I usually have to start the in May for C&C and am well and truly fed up with them when it comes to by own.

Considering we are almost strikerless, the result was not as bad as could have been.

B x

Jan said...

Fabulous card xx Jan

Jo said...

Beautiful.....love the sparkle
hugs Jo x

Lynne said...

Woohoo well done on your first Christmas card. Its a perfect CaS, sparkly piece of Christmasness lol
Lynne xxx

Kathleen said...

This does look pretty stunning to me, the image with the glitter and the glitter round the aperture is gorgeous, I bet if the image was stamped in red it would look even more stunning.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

A very elegant and stylish card. Love this design Viv.
Yvonne xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Very elegant Christmas card Viv, now you have started you need to carry on
Kevin xx

Ramohth aka Cardiac aka Jill said...

Wild clapping from me too :) - this is a really pretty card.

Jackie said...

It's such a beautiful card Viv, I love the soft colour :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

CLAPPING WILDLY HERE!

Looks sparkly and lovely Viv . . . just like you!

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Many's the time I've had to hide my hands because they're ink stained lol! It's a beautiful and elegant card Viv and huge well done on starting Christmas. Is now a good time to say I've bought half my gifts already?! xx

Pia S said...

Sparkly creations are a nightmare to photograph, but I can clearly see the beauty of this card even with less favorable weather and lighting conditions:) it's so elegant!!

sweet art designs said...

Simple and elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Joan said...

A lovely elegant card

Joan

Loll said...

This is really pretty Viv!! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Challenge here at C.R.A.F.T.!
Monica - DT

Linby said...

This is so beautiful.
You could join us for Rudolph day with it - I'm GDT this month. http://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.co.uk/
Linbyx

Linby said...

ignore that comment about Rudolph day - just realised this was before the 25th doh!