Sunday 19 March 2017

A trip

Happy Sunday everyone! Although the weather here is far from happy - it's blowing a gale and the rain is lashing down!
Not that I am too concerned as I shall be in the sunshine tomorrow (I hope!) - more of that later.....
Had some odd scraps of watercolour paper so decided to use them up - and as they're scraps I am away to the Playground (have my wellies and my sou'wester on....)
The stamp is one I have had for a while from Crafty Individuals and I decided to smoosh the watercolour paper with colours that I thought the flowers should be then hopefully be able to position the stamp over the top so that the colours were roughly in the right place.

The green DI is Mowed Lawn, the blue is Mermaid Lagoon and the yellow Fossilized Amber and I was pretty happy with the resulting smooshing as the stamps with a little bit of fiddling ended up in the right place.

I then painted over odd bits of the images with the same colours to give a bit more definition.
Mounted the panels onto black card.
The card base has a script vellum overlay - another paper pack I have had for ages -  I thought it picked up the script background of the stamp (and it saved me stamping and embossing the card base!!!👌).
Stamped the simple sentiment onto the smallest piece of paper ever and shaped it like a tag, punching a small hole in the top, wrapped some white organza ribbon round the vellum and tied the tag onto it.

Challenges -
Inkspirational - Smooshing
CAS Mix Up - Smooshing/Stamping/Vellum
HLS Watercolour - A/Goes with option of Smooshing

I shall be absent from visits for a little while - as my first Presidential tour starts tomorrow so sunnier climes for me! (And the 65 others coming too!) 
I am hoping that Mr Blogger behaves himself and publishes my scheduled DT post and hope that you will not forget me whilst I am gone (I mean - How could you??????!!!!!!!) 

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv your floral images look lovely on watercolour paper....enjoy your your and no we won't forget you

Anne

Linby said...

This is just lovely and your choice of stamp is perfect for the technique. Enjoy your Presidential tour.

Carole said...

Another wonderful card Viv...shame you are going away as you seem to be on top form...maybe mojo will go with you so better makes sure he returns with you. Good luck with your first tour...may you be in full flow there too...and I guess enjoy some sunshine! Travel safely. xx

Dora said...

Beautiful creation! Good luck on your tour!! enjoy.

Esther Asbury said...

Love your watercolor flowers! Such a pretty card!

pinky said...

Viv it's absoluely stunning, loving those colours. Good luck to you, hope you enjoy it all.

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Viv, love those floral stamps. Enjoy your presidential tour and you will definitely not be forgotten 😁
Val x

Kathleen said...

A really lovely card, great colours and images and love the three panel design.
Hope the weather is better for your trip and you enjoy it.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous card Viv.
I hope you have a good trip to the sunnier climes.
Yvonne xx

MaryH said...

It's a lovely triptych of pretty flowers, and I like the way you've placed the cheery sunflower as the center motif. These are such versatile stamps, and I like the shaded colors. I can just see the script embossing on the white, so that's a nice bit of added texture, along with the score line at the base. Really pretty card, perfect for the wet Playground, & great work with the DI colors. TFS & Hugs

Bonnie said...

Your smooshed panels turned out perfectly for these pretty flowers, Viv! I love how you added a bit of coloring to emphasize the flowers! Very nice way to use those snippets! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Happy travels!

Pat said...

This panel card is very pretty Viv and the colours work together beautifully and I love that script vellum which is really elegant over the base card and the ribbon and tag finish it perfectly. x

Susan said...

Beautiful smooshing in great colours. Love the stamps you put on top of the smooshing. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Loll said...

So pretty Viv! Love the way you've smooshed the colours on each panel to line up with the images. Adding more colour really makes the flowers stand out from the background. LOVE that sweet little tag ... it makes me smile! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up. Best of luck on your new duties. Will catch up once you are back with some time to post. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great class and style Viv.x ♥[aNNie]

Di said...

Wow Viv - this is just fabulous! Love the idea of the three panels too. Have a fun trip!

Hugs

Di xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous!

Ally said...

well hello Mrs President, I must say your tags on the card looks great! I love them all!
Have a good time while you are away and please let the others do the work!
xxx, Ally

Kim M said...

A really lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us over at Inkspirational!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful smooshing on your watercolor panels - the flower trio is just lovely on this! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge Viv! Julia xx

Pat said...

These pretty panels look gorgeous Viv and the colours are beautiful, also love the cute little tag on the ribbon to finish it perfectly. I hope your tour is going well and you are somewhere nice and warm and sunny. x

Mrs A. said...

Playing catch up and glad I spotted this card. It's gorgeous. Love those colours and how you have matched them up on each panel. Hope your tour goes to plan. Hugs Mrs A.

Barb said...

These are lovely images Viv and it's a very pretty card. Enjoy your Presidential trip. Barbxx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!