Sunday, 19 March 2017

A trip

Happy Sunday everyone! Although the weather here is far from happy - it's blowing a gale and the rain is lashing down!
Not that I am too concerned as I shall be in the sunshine tomorrow (I hope!) - more of that later.....
Had some odd scraps of watercolour paper so decided to use them up - and as they're scraps I am away to the Playground (have my wellies and my sou'wester on....)
The stamp is one I have had for a while from Crafty Individuals and I decided to smoosh the watercolour paper with colours that I thought the flowers should be then hopefully be able to position the stamp over the top so that the colours were roughly in the right place.

The green DI is Mowed Lawn, the blue is Mermaid Lagoon and the yellow Fossilized Amber and I was pretty happy with the resulting smooshing as the stamps with a little bit of fiddling ended up in the right place.

I then painted over odd bits of the images with the same colours to give a bit more definition.
Mounted the panels onto black card.
The card base has a script vellum overlay - another paper pack I have had for ages -  I thought it picked up the script background of the stamp (and it saved me stamping and embossing the card base!!!👌).
Stamped the simple sentiment onto the smallest piece of paper ever and shaped it like a tag, punching a small hole in the top, wrapped some white organza ribbon round the vellum and tied the tag onto it.

Challenges -
Inkspirational - Smooshing
CAS Mix Up - Smooshing/Stamping/Vellum
HLS Watercolour - A/Goes with option of Smooshing

I shall be absent from visits for a little while - as my first Presidential tour starts tomorrow so sunnier climes for me! (And the 65 others coming too!) 
I am hoping that Mr Blogger behaves himself and publishes my scheduled DT post and hope that you will not forget me whilst I am gone (I mean - How could you??????!!!!!!!) 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Viv your floral images look lovely on watercolour paper....enjoy your your and no we won't forget you

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely and your choice of stamp is perfect for the technique. Enjoy your Presidential tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful card Viv...shame you are going away as you seem to be on top form...maybe mojo will go with you so better makes sure he returns with you. Good luck with your first tour...may you be in full flow there too...and I guess enjoy some sunshine! Travel safely. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate every single one!