Sunday 24 December 2017

And so this is Christmas

A Christmas card to share today - made for someone in America - can only hope it arrived with the flower (and the bead centre) intact!

I used linen textured card as the base.
The gold embossing was done with Cling Film (thanks Loll!!).  I am still being too heavy handed though I think when pressing the scrunched up cling film onto the embossing pad.... but this was done last minute (as I had forgotten the post date for the USA) so just had to go with it as it was.

The poinsettia is by Penny Black from their Wonder Collection. Painted with Fired Brick, Barn Door and Festive Berries Distress Inks before fussy cutting.
I added some seed beads into the centre.
The sentiment was stamped in Metallic Gold ink and is also from Penny Black.

I hope everyone has not worn themselves out in the pre Christmas madness - if you can spare a couple of minutes -  sit down, turn on your speakers and listen to this - one of my fave renditions of this Christmas song -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekN9NtGXOc
Might set you up for the holiday!

Joining in a couple of challenges -
Allsorts - Seasonal Flowers
PB Sat Challenge- Christmas
Sweet Stampin - Last Minute Christmas
CC Throwdown - Previous Challenge -( 2012 Christmas Flowers)

I will be here all over Christmas but I know many of you will be very busy with your family and friends, so I want to wish you all a Happy Christmas full of love and may all you wish for come true.
Thank you all for your visits this year - they have meant a lot. xx

16 comments:

Meggymay said...

Happy Christmas wishes Viv and I hope the New Year will be a good one for you both.
Yvonne xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Viv, an unusual technique with the embossed background I've not seen this one before. Thank you for your visits to my blog and your kind comments that you've left.

Happy Christmas
Sue xx

Barb said...

Your card is beautiful Viv and this is another technique I have to try. I wish you a very Happy Christmas and look forward to visiting again in the new year. Barbxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A very beautiful and classy card Viv. Wishing you and you family a very happy and peaceful Christmas and all the very best in 2018. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

TK said...

Beautiful card, and you've inspired me to try to "saran scrunch" method! Beautiful... Hope your holidays are wonderfully blessed!

Mervi said...

Stunning and stylish card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Christmas Challenge;-))m

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like the colours you use.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown, Andreja DT

brenda said...

A really beautiful floral creation with the lovely Poinsettias Viv, many thanks for joining our 'Seasonal Flowers' theme at Allsorts this fortnight.

A really heartwarming performance last evening, here's to more the same in 2018.

B x

Pat said...

This is beautiful Viv and I must give the scrunched up cling film technique a go as that is one I seem to have missed along the way. The red poinsettia with the seed beads is so pretty over the top and love the gold cord too. x

AlisonC said...

This is an elegant colour combination and I will now have to go and rummage for some cling film. I hope your beautiful card arrived safely.

AlisonC said...

PS Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Chris said...

Beautiful, the embossed background looks lovely (will have to try this technique!) and the poinsettia is stunning. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

pinky said...

Your card is beautiful Viv, and so classy with the gold. Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing about the cling film embossing, I hadn't heard of it before x

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Merry Christmas & best wishes for 2018!
Helen x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts. happy new year Tracy x