Thursday 21 December 2017

Shocking!

Shocking PINK that is!
I mentioned that I'd been messing with Alcohol Inks again so here is the first completed card.

Have made rather a mess on the table with these inks.... and a mess on my hands!
LOVED IT!

I followed Loll's technique of scribbling the inks onto foil then smooshing the Yupo through it.
I used two separate pieces of Yupo.

The first piece is really dark (saved for another  time) and this is the result with the 'second pass'.

Flicked some white acrylic paint here and there before adding the two die cuts, (cut from some odd leftovers - so it's the Christmas visit to the Playground for me....!)
The sentiment was shadow stamped using my Misti and Versafine Smokey Grey then Versafine Black. It looks a little out of focus on the pic!

I suppose everyone is mad busy getting ready for the weekend... one of the plus things about there just being the 2 of us is there is no mad running about at Christmas. We've done our (small) food and (large) drink shopping, wrapped a couple of pressies up for each other and are ready to hibernate!

I did though manage to get my tree up a week early this year - as for some unknown reason I wanted it to be Christmas (for the first time in YEARS - normally I am full of Bah Humbug and the tree makes an appearance around the 24th December!)

Hope you're all surviving the pre Christmas panic - and thanks for taking the time to drop in. x

Joining in over at -
SOS - Gah Pink!
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals corner - Anything Goes
Craftaholics R Us - Anything Goes
CRAFT - Anything Goes

18 comments:

Carole said...

Wow! hark at you getting messy my friend! Love this card...more technique to try...maybe next year!!...lol I'm ready for Christmas bar the last minute fresh vege and tidying all the Christmas Craft stuff off the bed in the spare room which has been there since about October! Good job no guests coming to stay! Enjoy your cosy Christmas and have Happy New Year too. Hugs xx

Kathleen said...

Super CAS card, love the shade of pink of the lovely background.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Gosh 'pink' its a fabulous card Viv, I love the colours of the background for the white die cuts.
Your tree looks so pretty.
Best wishes Viv for Christmas and I hope you have a good New Year.
Yvonne xx

Mimi said...

Viv, your blog cracked me up! I'm still chasing my kids around, but it's it were just hubby and me, we'd be doing what it sounds like you are doing! Thanks for sharing the results of your alcohol inking with us at Shopping Our Stash this week! Lovely card!

Diana Lynn Martin said...

Your card is fab and your post was making me LOL.... You sound like my long lost sense-of-humor-twin! LLSOHT! Ha! Anyway, thank you for sharing your card with us at Craftaholics R Us!

Diana ♥
Leelee Card Designs
Craftaholics R Us Design Team

Sarn said...

Totally with you on the hibernation front Viv.

FANTASTIC bright and beautiful card.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Di said...

Beautiful card Viv - pine of course!

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

This alcohol ink background is beautiful Viv and I love the pretty die cut flowers and butterfly over the top and a great idea to shadow stamp the sentiment. What a wonderfully decorated tree and the all white look is so stylish, and I'm definitely with you on the hibernation, as we are also on our own for Christmas and don't intend to do much for a few days. Have a lovely Christmas and look forward to seeing many more of your super cards during 2018. x

TK said...

Beautiful card -- love that "shocking pink" background! Your tree is lovely too! Merry Christmas!

Cara said...

Your card is beautiful. Getting inky and messy is so much fun! Have a wonderful Christmas and fabulous year to come x

Linby said...

Flicking white paint around! very arty lol! Just love this and the white die cuts, I think I need to pin it for future inspiration.
I do love your tree, it looks amazing. Merry Christmas. L x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, your background is beautiful!
Thanks for going PINK with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at c.r.a.f.t. challenge. Marlene DT

Rae Ann said...

This is such wonderful, inky goodness! The white splatters really add interest and texture.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love your alcohol ink background, you achieved such awesome shades of pink, the perfect background for your delicate die cut flowers.
Thank you for sharing with SHOPPING OUR STASH,hope you play again soon.
Hugs.
Maria Rodriguez.

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful inky background and card! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous and striking card! you've made me want to get out my alcohol inks and play! thanks for shopping your (PINK!) stash with us this time! ♥

Darnell said...

Congratulations on being one of the Top Faves at SOS for this stunning card, Viv!! I have got to try this technique!! Leslie would have loved all the pink (NOT!)! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. beautiful tree!)