Tuesday 16 January 2018

January Muddle

This last week has whizzed past at a rate of knots! We've had some friends staying for a few days which was really nice. We've done a bit of shopping, eaten a lot (with the usual glass accompaniments 😁😁) and generally had a lovely long lazy weekend.

Those of you who follow my blog know that after dropping many LARGE hints, Dear Husband bought me some Altenew Stamp Sets for Christmas - so I have been having a little dabble with them.
(I apologise for the truly dreadful picture - the weather has been awful here and is not the best picture taking light)

I am really pleased with this card!
The background is a bright white (I am beginning to think though that the trouble with my pics is the card I am using - everything either has a blue tinge (if I am taking on my usual white background) or looks grey (if I take it on a cream or coloured background - nearly gave up!!)
Anyway, I stamped the peonies in Versafine Smokey Gray and the layered colour is Versacolour Orchid Pink. The stems and leaves coloured with Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn DI.

I think this is one of THE best sentiments ever!
A relatively quick card and I thank Dear Husband for the stamps this year and the MISTI last year which makes stamping positioning so much easier.
Another card done for my stash and as we now have snow and sleet today it will be the craft room for me for the rest of the afternoon - and a chance to play with those lovely stamps again!

I hope all is well in your corner of blogland. Thanks for looking and leaving any comments. x 
Joining in over at -
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes (Twist - something new)
Allsorts - No Patterned Papers
MTTC - Something New

15 comments:

Linby said...

It's lovely and so are those stamps - but I am resisting as I have some altenew not inked yet!

pinky said...

Very feminine and pretty in those colours Viv. I have the same problem taking photos, no matter where I take them! Frustrating.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the images.xxx

Kathleen said...

This is a super card Viv, love the images and the lovely subtle pink you have chosen, very classy card.
I also love Altenew stamps but have not bought any yet. Snow and sleet here too, bit of a shock coming back from the Caribbean last week to our weather.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful floral stamp Viv, I love the soft shades you used to colour the flower heads.
That is a great sentiment as well.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

I agree, the sentiment is fabulous as is your gorgeous card. Love the stamp Viv, hope you are taking it easy.xx [aNNie]

Loll said...

So soft and delicate Viv. Gorgeous design ... and agree - that is a wonderful sentiment! xx

Sarn said...

Fantastic looking card and a great sentiment too! xxx

Cara said...

A stunning card and I love the sentiment. I have the same photography issues, roll on summer!

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts Tracy

brenda said...

This is a really lovely creation Viv and perfect for our theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous flowers and love the fab sentiment :)
Thank you for joining us at MTTC,
Hugs Kaz (DT)

Pat said...

These softly coloured Altenew Peonies are gorgeous Viv and I love the splattering in the background. I need to get some of these sets from Altenew too as they are so pretty,so perhaps I had better drop some hints with my husband, he tends to suffer from a bit of selective deafness though...lol. x

Barb said...

Well done your hubby! They are lovely stamps and your card is very pretty. Have lots of fun. Barbxx

Jo Ann said...

What an adorable floral card. So glad you joined our January Challenge and would like to invite you to join us again this February at 613 Avenue Create. Have a blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com