Tuesday 18 September 2018

England and Wales

Been a little while since the last blog post - I had my final two celebration matches in the middle of last week then a couple of days spent with some friends, before travelling on to South Wales - where I had a lovely (if occasionally damp) weekend with our talented Under 18's squad who played against Wales U18 in their annual test series.
Am home now for a couple of weeks  - an odd day where I am needed here and there but am hoping to get back into a proper routine as the winter approaches!
I did a quick stock take of my stash and found that I was quite low on a couple of different themes - New Homes, Thank You and Condolences/Sympathy. I intend to out that right over the next week or so (then I suppose I should make attempts at Christmas??)

I had inked this background panel (without the black bottom) some time ago for a 'fairy' card but it just got left!

The poppy stamp was the result of a little Inkylicious  spendie some months ago and never inked.

Once I'd stamped it, I didn't like the bottom stems just lying there on top of a salmony pink sky so used some Black Soot DI and made the bottom black.

The sentiment stamp I think was a freebie.

Matted onto black card before layering onto a white base and done.

I made a few sympathy cards yesterday and will share as we go along. They are the kind we hope we never have to send but inevitably there are occasions when we need them.

I hope you are all happy in your own part of blogland - am taking dear husband to the dentist but once back this afternoon I will come and visit for a catch up! x

Joining in at
CGCC - A/Goes
Flower Challenge - A/Goes
Creative Crafters - A/Goes
CFTH - A/Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - A/Goes

14 comments:

brenda said...

I think it's very fitting for purpose with the pretty Inkylicios Poppy. Here's hoping we all turn up tonight and that Roberto's eye is healed enough for him to be included.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a beautiful card Viv and your bending is superb. I'm hoping to have some Inkylicious spending at Stamp Magic ;) x

Carole said...

Beautiful card Viv...love that inky background with the silhouette stamp over the top...my sort of card. ...and very suitable for those sympathy cards. xx

Mrs A. said...

This is a Beautiful card. I need to make one as just heard yesterday that my cousin's husband has died from a brain tumour. He was only in his early sixties and planning on retiring shortly. Life just does not seem fair sometimes. Hugs Mrs A.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card for a sad occasion.
Its good that will hopefully have more time to craft again this winter.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely stamp Viv, great result.xx

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful design its so classy Love and hugs Carole x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Mac Mable said...

Such a delicate card for the sad occasion. Gorgeous blending and the pop of black is perfect x.

Loll said...

Your sky is AMAZING, Viv! So soft and delicately coloured. The poppy silhouette adds a wonderful contrast. Glad to hear you have a couple of weeks at home and some time to craft! xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful as always Viv.
Wendy xx

Viv said...

Such a lovely scene you created here Viv, and pretty flowers of course! makes for a great Sympathy card too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge', hugs Viv xx

Pat said...

This is so atmospheric and pretty Viv and the black piece you have made at the bottom grounds the beautiful silhouette flowers perfectly. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...just perfect for a sympathy card.
Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen