Saturday 8 December 2018

Poinsettia and Pixie Powders

It's a horrible day here! The wind is howling so a perfect day to sit in the craftie space - like I needed an excuse.
This card was inspired by a lady called Holly Brown who made several cards like this in different colours.
I have much neglected the Pixie Powders and the Brushos of late in my desire to make quick  CAS cards but to be honest, this card was really just as quick as many of the others I have made.

I have the Powders and Brushos still out on the desk so am going to do a few more in different colours and then do some for Birthdays instead of Christmas using different flowers. 

I only have 3 Poinsettia stamps. One is for layering/die cutting and not suitable and the other is a PB Watercolour one - again no good for this!
This one is from PB's Wonder Collection and was a challenge win some time ago! I teamed it up with a Holly stamp from Woodware's 'Christmas Greenery' set.

Stamped, embossed then masked the Poinsettia then stamped and embossed the holly.
I used 'Midnight Blue' Pixie Powder on watercolour card.
I am still perfecting using powders -but think this one turned out OK, although I usually am too heavy handed when sprinkling the powder.
The sentiment stamping was a disaster hence the addition! 

Sharing over at
Alphabet - S for Seasons Greetings
Just add Ink - 'I'nky Techniques
Allsorts - Christmas Flowers
Beccy's Place - December
The Flower Challenge - Use an Older stamp

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any comments you leave.
Hope you are warm and dry in your part of blogland! x

19 comments:

Basslady said...

this is fantastic!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Aquarius said...

This is a lovely card - Pixie powders are a great favourite of mine and the silver embossing here just combines so nicely for a festive card.

Mervi said...

Beautiful embossing and brusho colours.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts' Christmas Flowers Challenge week;-))m

Lynne said...

I haven't even tried Brusho's yet, always last to the party me, but you've inspired me to give them a go. The effect on your card with that stamping is gorgeous X

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous CAS card Viv, the background looks lovely.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

A really lovely background and love the embossed images . Thank you for joining our 'Christmas Flowers' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Love using powders at all times. My first attempt was a disaster, think I almost emptied out the container...one big blob... This is lovelyx

Beccy said...

I love this card Viv, it has a fabulous artsy vibe to it. Those powders are wonderful for adding colour, they combine beautifully on the paper. Great idea to emboss a festive image over the top, and I think silver was the perfect choice since your colours are cool. You did a great job solving the sentiment problem, the little tag looks lovely. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Viv and a beautiful Pxie powder background

Anne

Wendy L said...

A very beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Aileen said...

ohhh I do love this Viv. THis Christmas or more likely next Christmas I want to do some like this with the brusho's I bought and hardly touch. Of course I love the colour mix, its one of my favourites and the stamped images look like a large one so you have done a great job of the masking.
Last time I used Brushos I had burgundy bursts happening all over the place in the wrong places and made a mess of so much, way too heavy handed and puffed the container, you can image the rest. xx Hugs Aileen

Mac Mable said...

So very pretty and what a unique effect with the powders. The colours are beautiful and so is your card x.

Nikki Spencer said...

You've created a beautiful effect with the Brushos, lovely card and creative "I" element. Thanks for sharing at Just Add ink.

pinky said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the colours!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I've been meaning to buy some Brushos but keep putting it off and now, after looking at this gorgeous card, I'm jumping in, love the beautiful, amazing colors you achieved on your panel, the silver embossed poinsettias look amazing, the perfect choice for your beautiful background.
Thank you for playing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
XO

Chantell Randall said...

Lovely card and a wonderful technique to showcase - it's so effective. The blue makes it look extra icey too. Chantell Just Add Ink

Rachel Vass said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the powder colours with the silver embossing. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.
Rachel DT x

Pat said...

I adore the poinsettia and holly and the Midnight Blue Pixie Powder is so pretty as it has purple tones in their as well, and love the way you have a sweep of colour over the stamped area. A really elegant card Viv. x

Helen said...

A great card.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x