Trying to escape from the current heatwave has meant retreating to the craft space armed with the floor fan!
I used to soak up the sun in my younger days but have found as I have got older the heat and humidity has become unbearable - and I resort to being agitated and grumpy - well a little bit more agitated and grumpier than usual that is!
In my cool crafty retreat (!) I have caught up on makes for the card box and this is one of those.
I have been experimenting with coloured card and my watercolour pencils.
After gold embossing the stamp (Sunflower Love from Waffle Flower), I coloured it in the shades similar to the coloured card base.
Really quite like the result and as I have lots of coloured card I shall do this again!
It's been a long time since I linked up a make at a challenge blog other than my two DT spots but I am linking this over at -
Beautiful Blossoms - Anything Floral Goes
Thanks for looking - and have a great day whatever you're doing! x

6 comments:
How lucky you are to have a relatively cool crafty space. You've done a grand job of colouring the lovely sunflowers on the coloured card - something I might try if and when it cools down a bit. The heat and humidity just saps pretty well all of my energy.
i am the same used to be able to lay out almost all day, but since I had some mini strokes I can't stand it either and just don't see the point just sitting in the shade! Beautiful card, love the effect of the embossed flowers, beautifully coloured against the coloured cardstock.
Carol x
Well, I love sunflowers, so this card really works for me. Love the gold embossing and spot colour on the orange background. Now cheer up, Grumpy - we will be complaining about the cold and rain soon enough!
Hugs, Sarnie xxx
I do love the look of coloured embossing on coloured card and your colouring of the flowers is the perfect finishing touch. I am not handling the heat very well either, but thankfully, it seems to be a little cooler this evening xx
All I can say is thank goodness for Air Conditioning! It's a "feels like" temp of 105 F today so I'm also grumpy and short on patience. Your card is wonderful, I like the embossing on the Kraft. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, hope to see you again soon.
Donna xx
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful effect with the gold embossing and colouring on the card stock 🤩
Post a Comment