Monday 27 October 2008

How Fairy Tales were really written....


Over on Rainbow Lady's blog the challenge this week was 'magical and mysterious'. I have had this stamp for a while and thought it could be used to interpret the magical world of fairy tales. I'm not sure if it really fits in with the theme but have linked it anyway!

Several different colours were used to ink the background, then the gold lettering stamped and embossed. I added lace, a star brad to hold the tag and a fabric flower. The words are from the 'Once Upon a Time' paper stack.

6 comments:

artisbliss said...

I love your recent work. The monochrome piece is terrific. I never think to work in black and white, or neutrals generally. I love the way they look, though.

Just noticed that the word verification here is chuff!

Rainbow Lady said...

Oh I think this is certainly and magic and mysterious one and so pretty. Well done for doing your first challenge. Please come back on Thurs for a new one. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Beryl said...

It's a very clever interpretation of the the challenge and a beautiful card to boot.
Beryl xx

Maureen said...

This is great Viv.

Debby said...

What a great stamp! And gorgeous art as always!

Anne said...

Oh! This is really magical. I love the amount of detail that you manage to put into your ATCs, inspirational :)
Hugs
Anne