Saturday, 31 January 2009
The Colour Purple!
Friday, 30 January 2009
Picture folder - 6th Album, 6th Picture
Wednesday, 28 January 2009
Monday, 26 January 2009
Never judge a book......
Saturday, 24 January 2009
What time is it?
'THE ALTERED ATC' - wall art incoporating matchbox window shrines
Rainbow in Paris!
Tuesday, 20 January 2009
Margaret set us a challenge this week of 'Birds' on MAMMA's Monday Musings. I have to confess this ATC took me ages to do - and the finished product is really only a paper collage with a feather! I found the composition difficult - put it down to this dreadful cough making my already bad neck even worse!
As usual, finding the images took me an age.... good job I found the birdie pic last - poor old song sparrow would have well fallen off his perch waiting for me to find the music sheet...will somebody please come tell me why I put a music sheet into the 'hobbies' folder when I have a folder specifically for music sheets? Not that there's many in the hobbies folder............ they're obviously filed somewhere else too! Used Basic Grey paper for the background, Sparrow image came originally from Flickr as did the Music Sheet. Distressed the papers with Antique Linen distress ink, stamped a few musical notes around sparrow and added the feather.
Sunday, 18 January 2009
Saturday, 17 January 2009
Thursday, 15 January 2009
Young Marie and her Beau?
I have developed a liking for all things outrageously tragic and French as my blogging friend Margaret is obsessed with Marie Antoinette! This image reminded me instantly of Marie Anionette as it depicts all the outrageous fashion of the time, the powdered wigs, huge skirts and of course the painted on beauty spot! (A 'must have' fashion item at the time). The collarless dress jacket and breeches with the fancy waistcoat worn by the boy shows that during the early to mid 1800's, the clothes worn by middle and upperclass children older than toddlers (especially by girls) continued to be uncomfortable-looking miniature copies of the clothes worn by adults, with the exception that girls wore back-fastening bodices and petticoats rather than open-fronted robes. Towards the end of the 1780's, there was a change to styles that were more practical for children's play — long trousers for boys, and loose ankle-length skirts for girls. I bet they were delighted! I printed the photo onto glossy paper and then edged it on 3 sides with black glitter card, finishing off with a glossy black and silver flourish that I think came from a Christmas card! The sliver and black embossed backing paper was edged in black sequins and a pearl heart attached at the bottom. I finished the piece with a crystal 'shoe' buckle similar to the boy's shoe and threaded some black lace through to mirror the downright extravagance of the period! (And also to make something that the recipient could hang it up with!!! )
Sunday, 11 January 2009
Saturday, 10 January 2009
Friday, 9 January 2009
I reprinted the background paper to less than 50% of it's original size as I liked the design but it was too big for an ATC.
I stamped the 'real gentlemen' image with Stazon onto a kitchen work surface sample (part of an extensive collection from a local DIY store when I couldn't make my mind up about what worktop to have in the kitchen!). I like the effect of the stamp as it has turned out with a 'mottled' look instead of just perfectly flat and smooth.
Cut up Body Parts!
Things here have finally calmed down a little so to all my blogging friends a belated Happy New Year to you and yours.
I have spent a couple of hours each day for the last couple of days trying to rise to the latest challenge set by Margaret. In another moment of lunacy she decided to start another MAMMA group, this one is aptly entitled MAD MAMMA and although you may think the title reflects me very well it actually stands for Monthly Art Dolls!
This is the first time I have tried to make one of these dolls and it's from a template by Mirkwood. The rubbish bin alongside me has been full of body parts as I have struggled beyond belief to make something that even remotely resembled a doll!
I used gold embossing powder on her arms and legs and some corrugated gold card for her torso. I coloured her face with a gold Sakura pen and then added the glitter thread to make her hair. My original idea was to give her a gold hand gun and call her 'girl with the golden gun ' (my apologies to James Bond fans) but ditched the idea when I found the large gold wire heart in my scraps box. So she is just now the 'Golden Girl with 2 hearts'! I am not sure if I shall leave her in for the swap as I think the back is a bit of a mess but those who have seen her so far think she is OK - I have another template cut out and another idea buzzing round in my head - suppose I'd better empty the bin before I start!