Monday 19 July 2021


 I've scheduled this post as I wanted to share another make for the challenge at CAS Mix Up which is to use Alcohol Inks on Vellum. My other posts for the DT are here and here
Also sharing over at  MMM - Trees

My vellum sky was done using Watermelon, Orange Sunset and Citrus alcohol inks, mixed with a liberal helping of blending solution.
The trees were popped onto the base card and the vellum piece with 3d foam and it has quite a good dimension in real life.
The sentiment was inked in Memento Canteloupe which is not a bad match at all!

I will be absent from blogland for a while as I'm taking an enforced break from crafting. 😔
We have sold our house and are having to move into a rented property on 21st July as the purchase of our next home 🏠 will not be completed until September.
So the craft room has been finally all packed away 😢 - I am hoping to be able to do a little whilst in the rental as I will get withdrawal symptoms if I have to wait till September to get out the card and inky stuff!
We also are in the process of the sale of mum-in-law's flat and purchasing a new apartment for her so as you can imagine we are currently meeting ourselves coming back and I can honestly say it is now official - I HATE CARDBOARD BOXES!🎁
I will visit you all as soon as I am able to! x

Thursday 15 July 2021

CAS Mix Up Mid Month Reminder

 Half way through our challenge this month at CAS Mix Up and the challenge is a mixed media one set by Coni who wants us to use Alcohol Inks on vellum.
I had a little bit of inky fun using some of the blues from my AI collection and came up with this.

I was a little apprehensive about heat embossing the sentiment - thankfully the vellum behaved itself and didn't warp!

This wavy stitched die is one of my more often used.
I stamped and heat embossed the shells and starfish then fussy cut, a couple of heat embossed seagulls finished it all off.

I rarely use my Alcohol Inks so it was good to dust them off for this challenge and it reminded me that I do like making an inky mess from time to time!

I'm particularly happy as the vellum used was a left over piece as were the 3 wavy die white pieces - so it's off to visit Miss Di in the Playground too!

We have some great cards done by the DT and in our gallery - lots of inspiration to be found. Grab that vellum and come along and join us!
Also sharing over at
Krafty Chicks - CAS

Wednesday 7 July 2021

CAS Christmas - July

 Even though at the moment my life outside the craft room can be only described as 'madly chaotic' - (nothing sinister - more of that will be shared in due course!) - I yesterday found time to continue with my quest to participate in every month's challenge at CAS Christmas.

The challenge this month is 'Poinsettia'.

The die was a present from a friend and it is such a pretty one.

Cut the petals twice then watercoloured one green and one red then layered them - VERY fiddly to do but was happy with the result!.

I fiddled and faffed about for ages in deciding on a background and then just did a little watercolouring with no rhyme or reason!

It didn't look too bad and I added a little bit of stamping with a small berry stamp from an old Choc Baroque set to give it some interest.
The 'Joy' sentiment is from SU.

Sharing over at
Shopping Our Stash - Christmas in July
Dragonfly Dreams - Christmas in July
Addicted 2 CAS - Christmas

Thank you for looking and for leaving any comments, I really appreciate it. x

Thursday 1 July 2021

CAS Mix Up July Challenge

 It's time to get inky!
Our challenge this month at CAS Mix Up is a mixed media one and has been set by Coni who wants us to use Alcohol Inks on vellum.

Using AI on vellum is something that although I have done before, is one of those techniques that I don't do very often, so this was a lot of fun for me!

I started by die cutting my lovely Crocus in vellum and mixed some Purple Twilight AI with a few drops of blending fluid to colour the flower heads and did the same with the stems using Lettuce AI, then just put them to dry then dropped a teeny amount of gold AI on the flower heads.

I covered my card blank with another sheet of vellum and used Stencil Sparkle Paste for the butterflies and heat embossed the sentiment.

A gold Posca pen was used for the butterfly bodies (and the antenna which you can't see on the pic!) when the paste had dried.

I finished by using Cosmic Shimmer glue to stick my die cuts onto the vellum base.

We have the wonderful  Hannelie  as our Guest Designer this month, please go visit!
Lots of inspiration too from the rest of the Design Team and we really hope you can have a go with this technique this month!