Monday 27 October 2008

Wee Witches

This is my second Halloween Arch! This one though is for the 'Wee Witches' theme over on Gothic Arches this week.

It is similar in style to the last one I made, and I've used the lovely spiders web fabric I picked up at the local haberdashers as the background. I like 'cute' in moderation but am not normally pre disposed to use lots of it in my work.... but I actually liked this image of the cute wee witch! I tried to lose some of the 'kitschy' by using a copy of an old poster advsing the towns residents to rid themselves of the evil that had moved into their neighbourhood!

The tiny decorative bat, moon and pumpkin brads were a present from the USA (Thanks Renee!)

24 comments:

Gillian .... said...

wonderful use of elements in this arch, the cute wee witch works well.

Mary-Beth said...

What a sweet image. Love all your element and design.

~*~Patty S said...

Love the shimmer and spooky sparkle of your wee witch arch!!!

Chris said...

Your style is so totally unique and I love it!! What a stunning arch :D
hugs
Chris xx

Suze said...

lovely arch, great work

vintage wil said...

wow what a beautiful arch !!!

artisbliss said...

Very cute piece. Those are great brads.

Sandy said...

OMG this is unbelievable.
So stunning arch. Love them.

Heather Robinson said...

Oh, lots of delicious details and a wonderful background accompany this wee witch!

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful arch -love the detail

Anonymous said...

Lvely arch

Judy said...

Love the lots of details on your arch, Viv, great design!
JudyNZ

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Can't beieve it's witching time again - love the wee ones!
Do pop on my blog and pick up a bunch of roses! Connie.

Ginger said...

Very cute witch .I was so happy got to see your theme ,this sunday enjoyed your blog very much too .Brilliant!
hugs ginger

Kristen said...

This is STUNNING! Your work is always so pretty. Love it.

p.s. I had to laught at the song memories on your blog. I haven;t heard that for years. Thanks for bringing me back.

John Dyhouse said...

lovely work. The witch is cute but you are forgiven this once, LOL.

Sian said...

This is brilliant. I love it.

Janet said...

very nice! i love your work!!

Vintage Papers said...

this is just darling! I love the embellishments you incorporated into the design! thanks for playing! :)

Anonymous said...

Darling Arch! I love his little face. Love all the elements you used, the webbs are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Such cool use of ephemera. Lovely arch.

Debby said...

Viv this is wonderful. Love all your different elements and the we witch is super cute.

WendyK said...

Great arch Viv

Chriss Rollins said...

really loving your spiders web and just so much to see.
great take on the wee witches.
chriss x