Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Front Cover


You know I've been promising to make a book from my gothic arches for a while? Well don't get excited...it isn't made yet..... BUT I have decided on how I want it to look!

Instead of using the arches and adding a 'spine' to them by joining them together, I chose to mount them onto co-ordinating paper which I could also decorate. I've done 6 so far .

This picture though is of the book's front cover.

I really enjoyed doing this. I used mountboard measuring approx 8" x 8".

The background paper and lady image is from Flickr collage group and I painted her lips and nails before adding some wire mesh to her veil. I think she is stunningly beautiful and has such a peaceful aura about her. I distressed the paper behind her then highlighted the edge of the mountboard with red ink before distressing the arch background. A couple of red gems added to the top of the arch with our winged gothic ladies in front, a crow (HAS to be included on anything gothic doesn't it???!!), a hand holding a red rose, a fabric flower, red ticket and metal tags also added and I glued some black lace along the bottom edge.

I am now looking for something suitable to spray/paint the whole piece with to give it a protective coat.

This is definitely work in progress. Will post again when I have completed the book!

10 comments:

  1. I really like the composition. I love the lace at the bottom.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Viv! I love all the details and the lace is so elegant.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, just lovely! You do the most interesting things! I love to pop in and see what you've done next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are really going to have an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEE Viv! This is beautiful. I love what you've done with the silver mesh - so effective. The whole result is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks brillisnt Viv, you get some great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brilliant idea. I need to make a cover for some fat pages that I received in a swap and its great looking at inspirational work.
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your talent just astounds me. You have a very good eye for composion and color.So pretty and I love the engagement card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate every single one!