Wednesday 24 March 2010

George

I have a letter from my Mum to explain my absence for a week....LOL! The time has just whizzed past since my last post - have been working on a small project which once finished will post.

In the meantime to prove to you all that I have been making a few cards, here is George the Friendly Giraffe. Have no idea why I called him George.... but it suits him I think!

The image was a digi freebie from Meljen's and I coloured him with promarkers. I sponged the background of the digi image with some Whispers orange ink. I thought the bright papers background might be a bit too much but once I added the cream layers and the ribbon, tag and the tiny gems I thought the card had a more balanced look.
'George' was only one of a few cards I've made over the last week and once this annoying internet speed gets back to normal and doesn't take forever to upload I'll post some more!
The challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week is Ribbon so George has gone in!
I'm off to the NEC tomorrow with Maureen and we're meeting Anne for coffee to recharge the batteries before the afternoon stall onslaught!! No doubt I shall be completely 'spent out' by the time I get back on the train home!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Love George, that's a great card!! - Roll on NEC!!

Vanja said...

Such an adorable card, Viv! Fabulous image.
Hugs, Vanja

Kat said...

What a lovely card. Super image I just LOVE giraffes!! Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Jan said...

Great card Viv! Love the colours and George is gorgeous

Jennifer said...

Adorable & so cute!!! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Debs said...

Cute card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs