Saturday 5 March 2011

Vintage Garden

Whilst trawling through some blogs this week I can across a couple of beautiful cards made using Stempelgede Stamps. I have long been wanting to have some of these stamps and although I am NOT supposed to be buying, once again I couldn't resist! One of the joys about actual shopping is you see, you buy, then you just go home and play - over the net you are waiting impatiently for them to arrive!
I found that Quixotic Paperie stock Stempelglede here in the UK and duly placed an order at about 3pm -couldn't believe my eyes the next morning when the post arrived just after 9.30am... there was an envie with my stamps in! So a huge thank you to Quixotic for their prompt despatch and stemming my impatience! Cannot thank them enough for getting these beauties to me so quickly.
So on to the stamps - what can I say - they are just simply gorgeous - I need to don the stocking mask and go rob a bank so I can have them all!
This card was made using 'Vintage Garden' set. I stamped the image onto watercolour paper using Vintage Sepia Ink and then got out my new water soluble wax pastels. This is the first time I have used these and I am impressed with how easy they are to use. (Thanks Maureen!) Although there was a lot of small areas to colour on this stamp I found it really relaxing to do and am overall very pleased with the results. I used the flourishes from the set to stamp round the edge of the main image and also onto the backing paper. The backing paper was embossed with Copper embossing powder and I highlighted a few areas on the main image by embossing too.
Distressed, matted and layered, a bit of vintage pink lace, a patchwork heart button, two bronze flat backed pearls, a die cut sentiment mounted onto another embossed die cut and my card was finished.
I doubt if this will be the last time I use this set!
Challenges -
Paper Play - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Paper Crafting Journey - Things With Wings
Stamping for the Weekend - Spring

16 comments:

Jan said...

Lovely, lovely vintage look to the whole card.

Caroline Hallett said...

oh viv this is beautiful - lovely stamp and vintage feel to it - if I hadnt blown the crafty stash budget this month I would so be getting this set... add it to the wish list for next month

georgina said...

Wonderful!!!! luv Georginaxx

Teresa said...

Wow! This is beautiful, a little work of art, I love it.
Teresa xx

Anne said...

Oh Viv this is lovely! Beautiful elegant and vintage look, aren't they gorgeous stamps, don't have any - yet!

Anne
x

Heidi said...

This is gorgeous!
Beautiful card:)
Heidi:)

fatmonica said...

What a gorgeous stamp! I love the vintage feel to this-lovely.

Meggymay said...

Viv, love the classic vintage look. Can see why you fell for these stamps, they are beautiful.

Maureen said...

Beautiful Viv - Just right!!

coops said...

gorgeous card viv.the image is so beautiful and i love your distressing and vintage colours :D

xx coops xx

Monica said...

So gorgeous and vintage. Love it.

xxx Monica
PS: The pink lace is stunning!

Ren-Yi said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love you lil crochet trim. Thanks for entering in this week's PaperPlay challenge.

SusanLotus said...

Your card is very lovely! :)

Deirdre said...

Amazing vintage look to this... wow, stunning.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, and I can see why you love those stamps, the one you used is stunning! Thanks for playing at Paper Play this week!!

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

this is just lovely-what a pretty vintage card!

thank you for playing along with us at paper crafting journey's things with wings challenge!

xo
sarabeth-dt