Wednesday 11 April 2012

Fairy for Hire?

Grrrrrrrr.......... am sat here - very uncomfortable - slipped on some steps this morning and came down very hard on the base of my back - had a couple of painkillers so if I start to ramble (more than usual- LOL) you'll know why!
Trouble is, jarring my spine like that has kicked off the neck again - so am in a sorry state..................actually am just ANNOYED at myself more than anything else! So just ignore me....!

So hands up  -who wishes they had one of these?????
Get in the QUEUE!!!!!!
Wouldn't you give absolutely ANYTHING to just be able to summon up this little star and have her whizz round the house.......... (and of course the craftie space!)

A spakling bathroom, towels neatly folded and not left on the floor, dining table free of clutter (mostly mine), kitchen floor gleaming - oh the list could go on and on... and on.....and I suppose she woujld even tidy away all the paper and card into colour co-ordinated piles!

Alas! Just a dream.... but if I find one I am willing to hire her out.... for a small fee!!!!!!!! (Well gotta buy more craft stuff somehow!) 

Mo's image coloured with promarkers and glittered, gold pearl stickles used on the tiara and I used a white gel pen on my new found friend's dress!
Opted not to go over the top with embellies - after all the whole object of the housework fairy is to leave you free of clutter - so instead gave her a suitable polish laden 'cloth' (secured with pearls as befits a fairy) and made her a yellow fluffy duster from a cocktail stick and a few maribou bits lying on the desk.

Challenges -
Digital Tuesday - Birthdays
My Time To Craft - Fairy Nice
Digi Makeover - Bright Colours
Mo's Digital challenge - Anything Goes with a Mo image

Almost forgot - a warm welcome to my new follower- Claire - - hope to see you often!
Enjoy the rest of your day everyone! X

22 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Viv. Oh I wish!!!! Brilliant card as always, fab colours too.
Happy crafting, and tidying, haha.
Love Sandra xxx

Jan said...

Oh crikey... that's all you want, isn't it.. I hope you haven't done too much damage.
Love the card.... I reckon she would whiz round in no time. Great colours too.

Anne said...

I love the card and wish I had one of those!! Hope you are feeling better soon. Cheers Anne

Lynne said...

Oooh what wouldn`t we give for one of those.
Brilliant card and I love your `feather duster`.
I hope you feel better soon.
Lynne xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

I'd love one of those Viv lol although I must confess I do have an ironing 'fairy'! Haven't ironed in about 3 years!! Hope the back & neck aren't too painful for too long.

Fab card, love the colours, not something I'd think about using but might now! xx

Shelby said...

Love how you've used that Authentique papers!!! I'd love to have this kind of fairy in my house instead of the one who magically makes messes and leaves socks, shoes, and everything else strewn about. Of course your coloring is wonderful and love the sparkles you've added. Hope your back/neck start feeling better soon.

Shelby

Jackie said...

Oooh Ouch Viv, I felt that for you! I hope it doesn't take too long to get better...hugs
Fantastic card and yes, I often wake up in the morning hoping the chores have been done by the fairies :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so fantastic viv.love the colours and fab fairy and your little fether duster is genius.
i hope you are feeling better soon.

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Viv, love the fabulous image and love the feather duster.
luv
Debby

Iulia said...

How lovely! Love the sentiment and the way you added the feather and cloth! Really lovely!
Thanks for playing along at Mo's this week!
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Hugs, Iulia

Viv said...

Fab card Viv, oh yes I need one of these housework fairies too !!! So sorry you slipped, poor you take it easy eh :) Viv xx

craftysue49 said...

Oh hope you feel better soon hun..
I love this card made me laugh ..
the feather duster is great ...fab colours and a great LO ..x

June Nelson said...

Brilliant card me pal, ad yourstitching is clever, and with a real sewing machine!!! oh I think you are just getting above yourself now!!!!!!!!!!!!! its brilliant!! have a great day hun xxxxxxxxxx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, love your stitching........

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Love how you color the fun image and all the embellishments are such fabulous additions. Thank you so much for joining us at MTTC. Hugs

PetraB said...

Brilliant card, the colouring is fabulous - and, yes, I could do with her (lol)

Mrs A. said...

Love your fluffy duster. Can you send her over a.s.a.p. Hugs Mrs A.

Jules said...

H Viv

This is brilliant!!!

Love the fantastic sentiment and the embellishments alongside your great image.

Fabby colours and stitching too.

Mmmm... I love the sound of a housework fairy!!! Can you get them "on-line"?

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

fab card lovely image beautifuly coloured xx

Trudy said...

hope your feeling better ans this card is great...x

Lee said...

This did make me chuckkle,LOVE it.Hugs xx

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Brilliant!!!
Can you send her around here please? :lol: