Tuesday 24 April 2012

Recycled!

Over time, I have saved pieces of coloured tissue paper when stuff I have bought has been wrapped in it - I only save the coloured pieces cos the white is plain boring!!!

So you can understand I was real happy when a recent little spendie resulted in the goods arriving wrapped up in the most delicious Aqua Blue tissue! Like everything else I store {hoard} in the craftie room though the pile has become slowly bigger and bigger and is now getting real crumpled cos the little allocated space is stuffed to bursting.

Not wanting to throw it away (after all it is BOUND to come in useful for something...), I promised to rationalise it just a little.. trouble was, I knew I remembered seeing something done with tissue paper but couldn't remember what!

Spookily, a couple of days later, one of the blogs that I follow (here) lit up the light bulb over my head.
So there it was... that thing that I remembered somebody mentioning and doing and it was soooo simple and effective why had I forgotten??
Senior moment pushed firmly to the back of the  mind, out came the cuttlebug, nesties and tissue and here is the result.

Layers of tissue cut with two different sizes of scalloped nesties then secured together with a brad, scrumpled up and then flattened out a bit to give the petal ruffle effect.

Flourishes are Bazzil cardstock cut with a Marianne die. My fave linen textured cardstock used, two lines embossed and a centre panel mounted onto the same blue card. The sentiment was stamped with 'Robins Egg Blue' ink and then clear embossed.

Am quite pleased with this simple and quick CAS card.

I made a few in similar design.... but the one thing I have noticed about tissue paper - despite using LOTS, I still have LOTS left!!!!!!!!!! 

Challenges -
Whoopsi Daisy - Use a flourish
Made Especially For You - Recycling
Stamp, Scrap and doodle - Recycle
Truly Madly, Crafty - Handmade Flowers
Opus Gluei - Flourishes

Thanks for visiting - and if you've voted for me (see below post) a DOUBLE thank you - happy crafting! x

30 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful Viv. These flowers are so simple to make yet look so fabulously effective. Don`t chuck the white tissue away though, it looks great against coloured card.
Thanks for the link :)
Lynne xxx

Unknown said...

hahalol!!! you did give me a laugh reading this yer still the funny girl i meet all those years ago....we never stopped laughing did we ??? although you were to tiddled to remember ....onto the card well i never!!!! its bloomin fabby ..and bloomin gorgeous really great effect love it ..sassxxxxxxxx

Deborah said...

Another tissue paper hoarder LOL Your blue flower is gorgeous and makes a very elegant card.

Hazel said...

A beautiful flower and beautiful card, very CAS and gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Hazel x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous flower Viv and a lovely card

Anne

Teresa said...

Oh dear! Do you see what I mean? Clean and simple and PERFECT, now why can't I do that??? Absolutely love your cards Viv.
Teresa xx

craftysue49 said...

Eeehh I love these flowers so delicate perfick !!!..Sue xx

annesyme said...

Stunning card, love the tissue flower and am now wishing I hadn't thrown out a pack of tissue paper I'd had for years lol
Anne xx

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous and I love the stunning colour of it...

Mrs A. said...

Lovely crafty idea and the result is gorgeous. You must have posh shops where you are cos I only get boring old white tissue paper!!
Hugs Mrs A.

June Nelson said...

Viv loving this you make something out of nowt!!!! love that idea, only im not as creative as that, your a star love this, I want to have a try now and I can get some tissue for 99p at the pound shop ..........work that one out!! I cant, stunner of a card hunnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ashley said...

Beautiful card and flower! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Made Especially For You!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

Stunning card, love that flower. Now, where did I put that tissue paper..... :o)
Jackie xx

Jules said...

Hi Viv

This is gorgeous.

Such a stunning flower and the flourishes are the perfect finishing touch.

Where was my craft stash when I had maypoles to decorate!! It would have been so much easier nowdays!

Love your colour combo too.

Love Jules xx

cotnob said...

This is beautiful, so effective.
Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week, don't forget if you use a Whoopsi Daisy image you could win more.
Pauline
x

coops said...

so beautiful viv.i love the cas design and your flower is gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow what a super card just love the colour ... and that flower is amazing ... well done happy crafting and love sandy xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi Viv, Ooh I do love this one! It's clean & simple but also beautiful. I'm going to have to try tissue paper flowers myself. I did save some very pretty cellophane from a bunch of flowers recently & aim to try that also. Thought it might have potential, than again it could just bleurgh lol!

Thanks for the good wishes for the sale.

Hugs x

P.S. I put my vote in for you, fab card x

Unknown said...

Wow , love this colour and your flower is AMAZING well done Hugs Elaien

Electra said...

The brilliant turquoise on this is awesome! I love the simplicity of it! Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei this week!

May said...

O my word!!! This is a beautiful card.. love the flower, Thanks for sharing with us at Whoopsi Daisy,
May x

Jan said...

Absolutely stunning card Viv. Like the one above too but I LOVE this. xx Jan

Alljazzed2create said...

Fantastic card, Love the tissue flower. Will have to give that one a try.
Thanks for joining us over at ME4Y.

Beckie said...

Very pretty card. Love the CAS look. New follower ;0) Thanks for playing along with us at ME4Y.

Be blessed, Beckie

Shelby said...

Gorgeous CAS design. This shade of blue is wonderful.

Shelby

glowegal said...

Gorgeous card! Love me some CAS cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Made Especially for You!!!

Georgiana said...

Very pretty and I sure do save that tissue paper too! Love that you recycled! Thank you for sharing at Made Especially for You this week.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Scrappin Abby said...

Absolutely stunning!!! I too store/hoard ; ) items like you..this is a great way to reuse my endless supply of tissue paper. Thanks for joining us at ME4Y : )

Karen C said...

This is so pretty! Thank you for playing with us this week at Whoopsi Daisy this week! Best of luck with the draw! :)
Hugs,
Karen C (Daisy Diva)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Rosemary said...

Wowzers! Your clean and elegant design makes that beautiful flower just POP! gorgeous, seriously. I am amazed that is from a scrap you've saved. Isn't it wonderful when you can reuse it and beautifully! I love these colors, that blue is amazing. yep, the flourish is just the element we're looking for at Opus Gluei, but your creativity makes me want to go and play in my craft room now!

Thanks for participating with us at Opus Gluei!