Sunday 20 April 2014

Blossom

Someone asked me recently what kind of card maker I am - messy I answered! I don't think that was the purpose of the question though - the person wanted to know if I was a 'frilly and fussy' one or one that liked to make 'plain understated' ones.
It was a really difficult question because I actually like to do both - every girl needs frothy bits don't they? Conversely though I do confess to trying to perfect the CAS style too.
There are some amazing CAS card makers and amongst my list (long list!) of people who I think make brilliant simple cards is Loll - and I chose to case the design of one of her cards for this make which uses up a long neglected and at one time favourite stamp.
(I think it was a Hero Arts one - it used to be wood backed but I took it off the wood when my collection grew and I ran out of storage space!)

I love these oriental style cherry blossoms - makes me smile when I see cherry blossoms in flower as you know then that spring is here and summer is just round the corner.

Stamped in Versafine Sepia several times and coloured with Distress Inks. Then cut out into squares and some glossy accents applied to a couple of each of the blossoms inside each square.
Scored two lines on plain white card and added some corrugated kraft cardstock between the scored lines before the blossom squares.
Sentiment also stamped with Versafine Sepia.
Challenges -
Hobbycutz - CAS
Pixies Playground - Snippets
Crafty Catz - letter 'B' (Blossoms)
Stampin with the Dragon - Springtime
Time 4 Scrap - Spring
ABC - J for Just as you like
Crafters Cafe - CAS

Thanks for visiting today -  have a wonderful Sunday whatever you're doing. x

27 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous Viv! LOVE that stamp you used and the Glossy Accents are such a lovely finishing touch.

Happy Easter!

/) /)
(-.-)
0_(“)(“)

Hugs, Di xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely CAS card VIv and I agree Loll makes fabulous case cards...I am like you a bit of everything really
Love you delicate blossoms and soft colours

Anne

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Viv, the cherry blossoms look so pretty and delicate. I love your fabulous layout too.
Sue xx

Doreen said...

Just beautiful, lovely design and image.xxx

Carole said...

Beautiful card Viv, love the idea of the glossy accents and the design of the card is fab.

thassos456 said...

Beautiful card and fab design :)

Suze Bain said...

This is so pretty Viv. The blossom tiles look fab against the corrugated card. Xx

Craft-E-Place said...

Such a pretty card.
Elaine

Margaret said...

This is beautiful Viv
Margaret x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful CAS card, looks so elegant.
Yvonne x

Mrs A. said...

There is a lovely oriental look to your card and I love it. Hugs Mrs A. Happy Easter.

Cathy said...

Beautiful CAS card Viv,love the softness of these colours and the little added shine is perfect, Cathy x

Jackie said...

A beautiful CAS card. I must confess CAS is my preference although I occasionally do a fussy card or two :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Viv a stunning CAS design and I love the addition of the Glossy Accents. Susan x

Sarn said...

Yeah - you are just FAR TOO TALENTED Viv - you can do it ALL. CAS, frilly & frothy, cutesie . . . you are so versatile.

This cherry blossom card is lovely and I like the Glossy Accents touch - I have some hidden away somewhere - always forget to use it. Note to self - find bottle of GA and USE IT.

Happy Easter Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Naomi Johnson said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Carol Willis said...

Love this Viv.
Hugs
Caz x

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous cherry blossom Viv anas it looks lovely against the ribbled cardstock:)
Val x

Unknown said...

This is so funny Viv, I only purchased a whole lot of digital elements being blossoms and papers and come here and see you have a wonderful card with the blossoms.....love it.xx

Dragon said...

Very pretty card, like the glossy flower tiles on the crinkle card, neat.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful, elegant card.
luv
Debby

Janette said...

Gorgeous CAS card, so pretty...
Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Paper Junkie said...

I do love your blossom card Viv - I love the Japanese look and must dig out my oriental stamps someday (craft room being decorated and rejigged at the moment - why did I start it???). I also like the card from your last post too - both so different. I make lots of varying cards too so don't really have a particular style. Just as the mood and inspiration takes me. love
X

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous snippet card Viv. The cherry blossom is gorgeous. Elizabeth xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Viv
Smashing CAS card. The stamp is lovely.
Thanks for joining in at Hobbycutz Challenge.
Ang

Debbi Powell Designs said...

Lovely card! Thank you for entering the Stamping with the dragon challenge...good luck! Debbi (Stamping Dragon Designs, design Team member)

mixamatoasties said...

Pretty card.

Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this week.

Susan