Sunday 25 May 2014

A Little Birdie

Am still playing catch up - not only in blogland but also with the housework and ironing! Too wet to do anything outside so decided to have a rest from all the boring chores and play about with some stamps and ink! (Doesn't take long for me to get fed up cleaning! LOL)
Made a card relatively free from any embellies - I think my crafting goes in cycles - I have recently become very addicted to CAS and trying to perfect that look which others seem to achieve so effortlessly! I've found that at the mo I am making more of these than the heavily embellished ones (which isn't help using up my paper mountain either!) - this though is one in which I DID actually use some paper from the stash!


The houndstooth check paper is I think Basic Grey (but I may be wrong!). Layered it onto textured card in as near a shade as I could match.
The same textured card run through the embossing folder and used as a background for the image.

Image of course is from Stampin' Up Simply Sketched set. Stamped in Brushed Corduroy DI, oval nestie placed over and then sponged inside the nestie, adding a few paintbrush strokes of peeled Paint DI to the 'reeds'. Birdie was coloured with Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed.
Sentiment stamp also from the same set and the ribbon and buckle were a candy win.
This card was intended to go in the 'man' stash but am now not sure it's 'manly' enough with the addition of the ribbon?

Challenges -
Crafty Catz - Embossing
Crafting For all Seasons - Wings
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Suzie Bees- For a Man
Simply Create Too - For a Man
Deep Ocean - Wings
Sentimental Sundays - Things with Wings

Thanks for calling by - I am still trying to visit you all after my absence - coffee now and another stroll through blogland coming up! x

23 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card VIv and love all your shades of green.....we've been lucky today in Somerset we've had gorgeous sunshine but yesterday was rain rain and more rain...

Anne

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card Viv, I love the colour! I have the opposite problem - I'm useless at embellishments! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

this is gorgeous Viv, I like the bird image and the embossing.
Kevin xx

Jan said...

I love this Viv those colours look great xx Jan

Unknown said...

Fab Design perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge one for the guy's little or big, thank you for sharing with us...
we would love to see you back again next week for another great challenge.....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
XX

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card, fabulous image.

Kath x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I love the image and beautiful colours.
Sue xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Simply beautiful, love the embossing and your beautifully coloured image, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Crafty Catz this week. Jac x

Jackie said...

Superb card Viv, I love the colours and layout :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,such a lovely image and colours.xxx

Sarn said...

Great colour scheme and inking of the image.

Also got rain today. But cannot look downwards due to stiff & painful neck so no crafting for me (or, on the plus side, any housework or ironing either!).

Hugs, Darn Stiff Sarn! xxx

NickScrapShack said...

I think you done a great CAS card! Love the little bird, the embossing pattern and the colour!!!!

Thank you for playing along with our Embossing Challenge this week at Crafty Catz!
Good luck
Nick

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely card Viv, great DP, reminds me of the 60's and I just love the layout!
Val x

Carol said...

Thanks for adding wings at CFAS this time with this lovely project. Carol DT x

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A great card and I love the ribbon and buckle.

I hope you had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.

Love Jules xx

coops said...

so stunning viv.fab image and i love the houndstooth and embossing ;D

xx coops xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful with the monochromatic colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Viv - love your choice of ink colours. The image, the hounds-tooth, and the textured embossing make a fab. mixture for a masculine card. LOVE it!
Sylvia xx

Marja B. said...

I love the ribbon and colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

Viv said...

Another gorgeous card Viv, love the colour and the pretty birdie.Glad you enjoyed your holiday too :) Viv xx

Hazel said...

Love the colour. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 30: for the guys - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

MA-MI said...

Viv, your card is goreous. I love the back paper and the little birdie. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Sentimental Sundays this week and good luck with the challenge. Hugs Maja, DT