Friday 16 May 2014

Flowers

Here I am surrounded by beautiful hibiscus, bougainvillaea and the most enormous geraniums with a view out across the sea - Bliss!!Thought I would do a quick post and share one I made before I came away.  I understand the weather has finally taken a turn for the better back home and I hope it stays that way cos I don't want to be coming back to cold and wet next week!

So here's my card -
a CAS offering inspired by Pinterest (where else?) done with a Memory Box stamp which I bought some time ago and another that has only just seen ink!
I used my fave linen textured card and stamped the flowers with Pickled Raspberry and Crushed Olive DI, then matted it onto another slightly larger piece of white card.
Scored round it on the base card then punched out a border using a very very old Fiskars border punch - took some doing as I think the punch is blunt!!! A thin scrap strip of pink paper then stuck behind.
Finished with a stamped sentiment, (same scoring round) and added a few sparklies.
Challenges -
CASual Fridays - Thirds
Inky Chicks - CAS
Fantastic Tuesday - CAS
Crafty Sentiment - Flowers
Inky Impressions - Flowers
Pixies Snippets - (pink strip and card used for stamping/matting all odd bits!)

Thanks for visiting - hope I will be forgiven to not commenting on all your wonderful creations whilst am here sunning myself - promise will come visit you all very soon! x

31 comments:

Carol Willis said...

Such a pretty card Viv, love it. Hope you have a fab weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Carole said...

Very pretty card...love the watercolour effect. Enjoy the rest of your break!

Sue said...

Love your image and colour Viv, a beautiful card!
Sue xx

brenda said...

It sounds idyllic Viv and I can almost visualise that scene. Enjoy.

Nice CAS card you are sharing.

B x

Unknown said...

Adorable card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, I do hope you will join in with the fun again next week...
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
XX

Sarn said...

Can you SEE me sticking my tongue out at you? Can you?????

Hope you're having a WONDERFUL time in paradise.

This a a great sketchy inky card with a pretty border. Love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
PS: Have a margarita for me please!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fabulous image and details.xxx

Monika Reeck said...

woowww I really love the flowers.It looks like you painted it ...and love all the pink on your card...lovely design and really CAS card...Great card VIV

I just joining the CASual Friday challenge maybe you would like to see it on my Blog (to make it more easy to find it, my card is # 239)...would be glad if you leave me some love too...big hugs, Monika

Kathleen said...

This is so very pretty and looks gorgeous.

Kath x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I love the delicate colours and fabulous design.
I hope you are having a wonderful time.
Sue xx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful CAS card VIv. Hope you are enjoying your holiday.
Yvonne x

cass said...

Beautiful CAS card, thanks for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this week

Mrs A. said...

Hope your having a lovley time.
Card is fab. Like all those kines done with the score board and nifty idea to punch a border on the edge of your card. hugs Mrs a.

Debbie Adams said...

Lovely card I like it's so CAS. Very pretty. :D
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge Flowers.
Deborah CS GDT

Jackie said...

What a beautiful CAS card, so stylish :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

A stunning sweet card Vic....
from my DT post...Adorable creation, thanks for joining in at Whoopsi Daisy this challenge...aNNie {DT}

debby4000 said...

Beautiful CAS card.
luv
Debby

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Viv what a delicate and pretty image. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Susan x

Di said...

Really pretty card Viv - so soft and gentle looking.

Sounds like you're having a great time, lucky girl!

Hugs, Di xx

Crafty Judith said...

Beautiful card hun great make and thanks so much for sharing with us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday. Hope to see you again next time hugs Judith DT x

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful stamping. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thanks for sharing at fan-tastic x

Jac’s Playground said...

This is beautiful, love that image and such an elegant card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

coops said...

simply beautiful viv.gorgeous pretty colour and flowers ;D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Hi Viv

Sounds like torture treatment having to do all that "sunning" LOL!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful time.

Beautiful card. Love the border punch very much.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Hey Viv, thanks for your 'note' you are already in the list in the candy lol...earlier on in the days.\ enjoy your holiday.xxx

Inkyfingers said...

Love the fresh, soft flowers and the textured card really adds to it.
Hugs
Carol x

Clare said...

Very elegant card

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your pretty flowers Viv and the gorgeous edge to the card. Hope you're having a wonderful time - it sounds like heaven! Vicky x

Kelly Griglione said...

Very beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous, love all the pink!
Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!