Thursday 1 May 2014

Springtime in Paris

The weather has taken a down turn today - it's wet windy and quite cool - in fact it's COLD!! Not a lot of spring weather here!
Am spending the rest of the day up here in the craftie space and am going to have a play with some new stamp sets later - but before I go make a mess with the inks here's today's share.
This is a variation on a card made a little while ago - when stamping now I always stamp a couple cos it is not unknown for me to make a mess of colouring or stitching or anything!! So when I have something in my head to do I make sure that I have another image ready - 'just in case' - then I end up with stamped images which only occasionally get used up when the first one goes according to plan!

The Inkylicious image was stamped using Memento London Fog onto a dark ivory textured linen card and then distressed with Antique Linen. The rose was also coloured with distress inks.

The background paper is one of the last remaining sheets from the Prima Botanical pad (note to self - a congratulatory pat on the back for using up at least ONE of your pad stash) - edges distressed and  the same DI used.

I had this scrap of script vellum laying about so tucked it in behind all the crochet pieces and the lace edge, then machine stitched it all.

The crochet circles are secured together with a pearl and bronze button and I stamped then fussy cut an Eiffel Tower image before popping a small pearl in the top right.
Inside decorated to match.
Challenges -
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons - Lots of Layers
Paper Pretties - Spring
Creative Moments - Spring
ALBC - Flower Power
Delightful Challenges - Add Dimension
Craftitude  - 1-2-3 (1 image, 2 DP's, 3 embellies)
Nat and Amy - Rubber Stamping
It's all about the Vintage - Flower Power

Hope the weather is better where you are and thanks for calling in! x

31 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous. So love the crochet lace trimmings and it has a wonderful old world feel.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv, love it!
Wendy xx

Viv said...

This looks fab Viv, love the vintage feel to it, great image and clever stitching too :) Viv xx

Netty said...

I love your beautiful card Viv, the colours, texture and the great stitching. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely image and layout.xxx

Anne Bente said...

It is super nice wawww ♥

Thanks for joining us at It’s all about the vintage and beauty♥

Carole said...

Love this Viv. The card in the centre with your image looks like material. A very pretty card with great attention to detail.Congrats on using up a pad!.....I could paper the house with mine!

Pia S said...

This is a gorgeous vintage creation, Viv! Beautiful stitching and love how you used vellum on this design. Everything works so well together!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Viv. The image is beautiful. I love the soft colours and fabulous detailing too.
Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous embellishments, love the image.

Kath x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely vintage card Viv love your crochet flower and lace
Fabulous design

Anne

Carol said...

A gorgeous vintage creation, love the crocheted flowers. Thank you for adding lots of layers at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous card... Stunning image... And love the lace...
Hugs Sylvie xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Viv, I like the postcard image the tower and all the lace.
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card and I love the stamp, so beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Stunning card Vic I do love this stamp, not sure if I have bought one or not - how bad does that sound? Congrats on using one of your paper pads I am impressed I have never come near to using one of mine I am so ashamed to say! Hugs Susan xx

Meggi Bischoff said...

it´s a very nice card.
thanks for joining with us it´s all about the vintage and good luck.

gr meggi

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful creation, love the vintagey feel to it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Sarn said...

Absolutely DIVINE card Viv. L O V E it. Would CASE it (as I have the main stamp) - but just KNOW I would make dogs dinner of it! And I don't SEW - ever!

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

charlene said...

So pretty love the vintage feel to this card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments
Hugs

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet and romantic card! Love the images and that lace is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Teresa said...

Beautiful. I love the soft colours and images you have used. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments - good luck x

Paper Junkie said...

Spring time in Paris eh? - Sounds wonderful - so is your card Viv. Very pretty. I don't know why but I've never used crocheted lace for cardmaking but as my daughter does the most beautiful crochet - maybe I can persuade her to make me some for a card or two. Thanks for the inspiration. X

Unknown said...

Hi Viv, great card, I tried to colour an image on linen paper yesterday but made a mess, guess will try inks like this next time...great result.x

Lee said...

Absolutely Beautiful.x

Jaanuska said...

WAW! This is such a beautiful and sweet card! Love the soft colors and pretty details!
Thanks for joining us at It's all about the vintage and beauty! :)

Jules said...

Hi Viv

So pleased I am not the only chasing my tail!!!

Loving all the beautiful layer on this card .. .. and the lovely romantic feel it has.

Hope you are having a lovely bank holiday weekend.

Love Jules xx

Milnie said...

This is gorgeous!
Thank you so much for joining us for our Lots of Layers Challenge at Crafting for All Seasons,

Hugs,
Milnie DT

coops said...

so beautiful viv.i love the crochet trims and gorgeous stamps and soft colours ;D

xx coops xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Viv just popped back with my DT hat on to thank you for sharing with us at A Little Bit Crafty, Susan x

Jani said...

beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x