Monday 30 June 2014

In the Garden

After the last mad few days I have time to sit for a couple of hours before am off on yet another motorway drive later today.
I was doing some 'tidying' (for that read - shuffling bits of paper!) when I found several pieces of card on which I had stamped this birdcage image a long long time ago - (the stamp wasn't mine - I'd borrowed it and inked it to death I think before I gave it back!)

The biggest piece of card had the stamp on it already positioned so presumably I'd started something and didn't finish it....
I coloured the cage on the other images then cut them out.

Stamped a few branches round the edge of the card and then inked with Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar DI graduating towards the cage, leaving the area round the bird cage clear.

Inked up another scrap of card, stamped the sentiment then cut out with a nestie label die.

Layered the cut out birdcage using 3d foam pads then used some glossy accents - this gave the cage a lovely glossy hard shell.
Using the same colour promarker, I coloured the flowers and stuck on  the branches randomly, finishing them with a tiny sparkly in the centre.
Finally, I glued on a string of very small silver beads for the hanging 'bit'.

A bit of a 'made in a hurry' card but it looks OK I think.
Challenges -
Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Flowers
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Stampin for the weekend - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Summer
Nat & Amy - Summertime

Thanks for calling in - off for a quick visit round your blogs - if I don't visit you today I have a whole day to myself tomorrow so will definitely be lurking about!
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

14 comments:

Carole said...

I think this is lovely card Viv. Sometimes the ones you do not plan to do , turn out better than those you do plan don't they. Hugs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I like the bird cage and the wonderful cas design.
Kevin xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Viv and thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv love you design

Anne

Sarn said...

Love what you did here Viv. I'm a big fan of stamping around the edges (spesh in my Art Journal).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Meggymay said...

Its amazing what we can find shuffling papers. Its a beautiful card Viv.
Yvonne x

Sue said...

Glad you finished this Viv, it's gorgeous! I love the birdcage image, and beautiful detailing you have added.
Sue xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful and CAS too. Finally got to use the stamped images and a fine use they became. Nice.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous creation, love the colours and stamps used....wow factor to me..xx♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Jackie said...

A very pretty card Viv. I love it when I 'find' images that I coloured/printed long ago, it gives me inspiration to try harder :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Its a fabulous card Viv far too nice to be stuck away in a pile of papers. Love how you gave the dimension to the bird cage. Susan x

Kandy's Krafts said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at crafting at the weekend.

coops said...

so stunning viv.beautiful design and i love the birdcage and birds :D

xx coops xx

Rachael said...

Beautiful card - I love the dimensional birdcage! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays x