Monday 7 July 2014

There may be trouble ahead........

It's my turn to choose the challenge theme over at Vintage Stamping and I was recently reminiscing with a friend about how when I was small I would watch Saturday afternoon TV with my Mum. She'd sit in her favourite chair, I'd sit on a cushion on the floor beside her, we'd close the curtains, get out some sweeties and watch all the old black and white movies on BBC2, pretending we were at the cinema!
My Mum was quite a good ballroom dancer when she was young and her favorite films were of course all those musicals in which Fred and Ginger took to the floor!
So my theme is 'Lets Face The Music and Dance'.
Anything that relates to Music or Dancing - you must have some form of stamping on your project too!
Here's my card -
All the papers are of course Graphic 45 Curtain Call.
The central stamp is from our sponsor. Inked in Memento Black and stamped onto ivory card. I then used Antique Linen, Old Paper and Vintage Photo distress ink, sponging over the stamped image.
I mounted it onto black card.
The flower is also Graphic 45 - several petal layers secured with a pearl brad and then fixed onto a crochet star.
Tickets and punched out stars glued on and the inside decorated to match.
looking at this pic the central image seems a much brighter shade than it is in real life... it's actually quite muted and blends well with the backing papers not so 'in your face'!
Anyway I hope some of you will join in with us this time round -love to see your take on the theme!

Challenges -
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Fashionable Stamping- Flowers
Pile It On - Flowers
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting - have a great day! x

6 comments:

vic said...

Oohh this is lovely viv! Love that gorgeous flower and the colours are fab!!
Hugs
Vic x

brenda said...

It's a great choice of theme Viv, really enjoyed doing my DT piece.

And love yours with all the sepia tones.

Not sure about our boy heading off the Spain but not a lot we can do about it.

B x

Sue said...

This is wonderful Viv. I love the image, gorgeous colours and amazing detailing.
You have picked a lovely theme for the challenge and I love how it evokes such happy memories for you.
Sue xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous card Viv, makes you think of many Musical shows. Thank you for joining us at FSC as well.
Yvonne x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Viv. This so reminds me of the old movies on TV. You have captured the whole atmosphere beautifully! The flower is a perfect finish too.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x