Monday 26 January 2015

A bad week

The start of a new week and I still feel almost as bad as I did at the start of last week!
Doc gave me some pills to try and calm down the colicky spasms (which have worked a little bit) and then did a reasonably good Dracula impersonation by taking more than a few blood samples. All have gone off  for various tests. Results in the next couple of days so we will have to wait and see. I am NOT a good patient - I hate being ill! DH has the patience of a Saint.......
Have made virtually zilch too.  Tried to do some colouring yesterday - smudged the ink all over the place so it all ended up in the bin and I ended up snuggled back under my blanket!
I did manage to finish off a couple of cards (which didn't require me to THINK just stick!)
This was one of those 'am not sure' cards when it was finished but it has grown on me a little.

The papers are as old as me I think - distressed and stitched onto brown card then layered onto a lighter dark beige base. I cheated as the paper was 6" square and I only had one sheet left so just sliced it across the middle and positioned it top and bottom!

Rifled about in the lace baskets and found a few odd bits, layered it over and under some strips of scrap (I punched out scalloped edges).
Two die cut stems from an odd bit of cream card and a rose from my stash.
Finished with a scrap of the base paper, a tiny pearl button and some bronze pearls.
The sentiment was simply cut from an odd sheet of paper which had all different random words on it.
Lots of bits used so am sharing this in the Playground this week too.
Challenges -
Allsorts - Lace & Pearls
We Do Doobadoo - Romance
MAWTT - Button It
Crafters Cafe - Stitching
Fab n Funky- Button
Creative Card Crew - Shabby Chic
Thanks to everyone who sent me get well messages - am sorry I haven't been visiting very much - will try and get round - but the message may just be short! Hopefully it won't be too long till I get finally sorted! Enjoy your day. x

21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love your beautiful and stunning creation Viv, it’s gorgeous and the beauties added certainly make this card stunning.I hope you start to feel better....sorry have missed a card or two here but a busy time since Christmas....need to slow down.xxx
..♥ aNNie



{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Alison said...

This is just gorgeous, Viv. Those die cuts and your 2 tone rose make a real statement, and the colours are so pretty. I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Fab'n Funky this week.
Alison x

Wendy said...

Love this Viv, it's absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Do hope you are feeling better soon.
Wendy xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Sorry to hear you are still unwell Viv hoping you feel better soon.....your card is gorgeous and has a real vintage look about it...

Anne

Lee said...

Hi Viv,the card is stunning,love that die.I am so sorry you are still unwell,I do hope the blood test results are useful and help get you better.Thinking of you.Hugs xx

Wendy L said...

So pretty, hoping you feel better soon, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

Jacee said...

Lovely pretty card Viv, gorgeous I love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the colours and beautiful detailing.
I hope you start to feel better soon.
Sue xx

Canonbury creations said...

Another gorgeous vintage card Viv, love the inked rose and all the frilly bits! Hope you feel better soon
Val x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Viv. Hope you will be feeling better soon and you get the results quickly.
Yvonne xx

Sarn said...

Very vintage and chic. Hope you feel better soon Viv.

Sending you Get Wells Hugs xxx

Jackie said...

So sorry to hear you are still not well. I hope the blood results come through quickly so you can be sorted out very soon...hugs
This is such a pretty card :o)
Jackie xx

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful Viv! So vintage and many different and lovely elements as well. Hope you start to feel better soon chick!

Hugs

Di xx

Jan said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Fan n Funky xx Jan

Pia S said...

Gorgeous! Love this shabby chic look, with all the ruffles and flowers. It's really beautiful. I hope you'll feel better soon:)

MaryH said...

Viv, so sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can just guess it's not lots of fun, and frustrating to not know what's the cause. Tummy problems are very distressing and debilitating too. I loved this card, probably mostly because of that lovely vintage rose paper. It made me think of a 'kinder, gentler time', and good thinking to 'stretch it' as you did. Worked a treat, with the pretty lace, button & flowers...just right for the vintage touch. Liked the way you tucked those die cut stems too. My kinda card, f'r sure! TFS & I hope you get to feeling better very soon.

An Occasional Genius said...

Sorry you're not feeling much better yet Viv, healing thoughts heading your way! Your card is beautiful, I too am an owner of those papers, have had them forever lol! xx

brenda said...

I'm running well late this week Viv, internet remain a nightmare !!

Gorgeous card with a lovely feel of Victoriana, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew. Hope to see more of your work soon.
Hugs, Yvonne

Lou Sims said...

Fantastic romantic card which fits in perfectly with the "Romance" theme over at We Do Doobadoo Challenges . Lou (DT)

Nat said...

gorgeous design! love your style thanks for the inspiration :)