Wednesday 7 January 2015

Another Baby!

Have done a few different things the last couple of days - Mr Mojo went walkabout for a day or two so made a couple of CAS cards which I will share another time (sometimes it is easier for me to just do something plain and simple when my brain will not handle layers and layouts) and also once Mr Mojo put in a (very short) appearance, finished off the baby cards.
This LOTV image is from their 'Babies' Art Pad - (I have found these images a little 'foggy' for me so when ever I use one I always end up with the Distress Inks or promarkers out and colour them again!)
I cut the image out with the fancy oval dies then coloured the background with pastel chalk, I then decoupaged the baby and coloured it using the aforementioned DI's!
I added a wee bit of glamour dust to the bottom of the dress and to the Cross.
The Guipure lace was a Christmas present from a crafting buddy - it's so pretty and has a lovely shine to it.

The backing paper is from my stash (I think a Prima pad) as are the flowers and pearls.
Used a tag die for the sentiment and finished with a tiny white shoestring bow - and of course used up more papers to co ordinate the inside.
Challenges -
Creative Inspirations - Finished with a Bow
Crafters Cafe - New
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
S.O.S - Use something new (my lace)
Die Cut Divas - Anything goes (w/die)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Rubys Rainbow - What Santa Brought (Lace)
Inspiration Destination #15 - Anything Goes

Another CAS day I think for me today! Hope you all are having a great day. x

28 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful card and your finishing touches just make it! that lace is so beautiful.ot having agood day her......maybe tomorrow.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv, gorgeous colours

Anne

Jacee said...

So beautiful Viv, very very pretty, love the lace
hugs Jacee

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card Viv, the lace ties in beautifully with the christening gown. Xx

Lynne said...

Ooh this is gorgeous. I adore this stamp,one of my favourite LOTV images. The lace really sets it off.
Lynne xxx

Kim x said...

This is just stunning Viv as are the other baby cards. i especially like the one with the booties. Sorry not to comment on them all but my computer is palying up and doing anything is taking an age. Hugs xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Viv, I love the sweet image and the lace is so pretty.
Sue xx

Kathleen said...

I have always loved this image for Christenings and love the card that you have made using it and love the touch of lace.

I know what you mean about the art pads I have had to add to many of them but I looked at some of the pads fro Christmas just gone and some, especially the penguin ones looked really really poor quality.

Kath x

Jan said...

Stunning card Viv love the lace and that stamp is one of my fav xx Jan

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous baby card Viv, the image is adorable.
Yvonne x

Lee said...

Hi Viv,this is absolutely STUNNING.Love all the embellishments especially the lace.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, lovely image/stamp used too along with those gorgeous colour combo.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Jackie said...

This is so gorgeous. I am the same, When mojo goes out the window make CAS cards or toppers :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A really pretty card Viv, love the lace and detail. Susan x

Sarn said...

Very pretty Christening card. You do this style so well. Hope Mr Mojo is behaving himself again now.

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

brenda said...

What a beautiful baby card Viv and such pretty lace.

We got through, but what a struggle, every game seems the same it seems, but keeping the faith.

B x

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

That is very beautiful! Lace and flowers are always my favorites. The diecut oval is perfect and I love the way the dress hangs over the frame. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges.

Pia S said...

This is an adorable christening card, Viv! Love the neutral color scheme, this is equally perfect for a boy as for a girl. The lace detail is gorgeous!

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my what gorgeous lace. Awesome baby card I love everything about it. thanks for the tip about making CAS cards to get your mojo back but I really struggle with those lol. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the Happy NEW Year challenge.

Amy A said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Image is so sweet and i love your design elements- it all works together beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Lil’ Patch of Crafty Friends this Challenge and Good Luck. We sure hope you join us again.

Amy- DT Lil’ Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge
{Lil Cutie Creations}

NGCARDS said...

This is a really lovely card! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv, adorable image and love the pretty lace and flowers.
Wendy xx

Aurelia Aurora said...

Adorable card.. Thank you for playing along with our 1st challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... Good luck and hope to see you again in the next challenge.. ;) <3

hugs,
~RoRa

Arlene said...

Love the monochromatic color scheme. Beautiful and dramatic.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Arlene said...

What a lovely card so elaborate and looking jsut the ticket. from another Arlene

Denise Goeldner said...

Beautiful christening card, love the colour chosen, that lace added is so lovely. Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you for C#2
~ Denise ~
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Viv, and I love that gorgeous lace! Thanks so much for playing along in our very first ever "Anything Goes" challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this fortnight. Good luck and I hope we see you again in the next challenge. :-D
NanaConnie DT

Cathie Borowski said...

This is such a precious card for a precious occasion, beautiful. Thanks for joining the Diecut Divas Anything Goes Challenge. Cathie DT