Saturday 3 January 2015

New



I am intending  to stick to my promise about no more paper buying and keep using up what I have use up what I have. I am not averse though to printing paper!!! But am not going to buy any as I have far too many paper packs which are largely unused and have decided that the less I spend on paper the more I can spend on stamps and other stuff!
Have been able to have crafty couple of days and am trying to swell the 'Pink' box - which for a lot of this year will be 'green' cos we've adopted  Macmillan this year as the County's charity, so I am intending to split the proceeds from the sales 60- 40  with the larger portion going to Macmillan for this bowling season. 

I have had a bit of a 'baby fest' as these are for the 'box' and here's the first of 3 finished yesterday.
I used some pastel chalk to take the white glare from the background and hopefully little 'rocking baby' stands out a bit more! He has been highlighted with Distress Inks and Promarkers to give the colours more definition.

The papers are by Nitwits (from my stash) and I found the letters in another (unused) paper pad! Attached them with a little wooden peg and popped on 3 blue buttons.
Finished off by continuing the papers inside (in an attempt to keep using!)
 Challenges -
Buckwells - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
That's Crafty - Blue
Gem of a Challenge - Something New
Dragons Lair - New Beginnings
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes

Another day in the crafty space for me today - have a great day whatever you're doing and if you've left me a comment or just called by, thank you! xx

21 comments:

cotnob said...

This is an adorable card Viv, such a sweet image and pretty pastel colours.
Pauline
x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so sweet....

Jacee said...

Super cute Viv!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Pia S said...

I'm a DP addict, have got loads and I love them! But now I'm going too focus on using mostly scraps in the time ahead.
Your baby card is so sweet, love the little peg and the way you colored the image and chalked around it to reduce the white.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Viv, such a sweet image and pretty colours.
Sue xx

Meggymay said...

An adorable baby card Viv. Good for you using the papers.
Happy New Year wishes to you and yours.
Yvonne x

Jan said...

Gorgeous card Viv xx Jan

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a beautiful image Viv - love the soft colours and layout.
Happy New Year - Sylvia xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Viv this image is adorable
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

What a sweet image and card. Like you, I don't buy papers but I do print them out (on the rare occasions that I use paper) :o)
Jackie xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love this card it's gorgeous and lovely image used..great idea with the peg.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Stamps and Paper said...

lovely baby card Viv such a cute image

Anne

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Viv and Happy New Year! Wonderful card love the baby image and the chalked background! I have tried hard to use my paper stash up but it mysteriously keeps on growing!! Susan x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute card, love the peg with the letters and cute image, thanks for playing at agoac

Sarn said...

Absolutely adorable card Viv.

Happy New Year Hugs from Darn Sarn xxx

Lee said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Baby Card love it.Happy New Year Viv and Happy Crafting.xx

Lia said...

Viv, this is an amazing card for a new baby!
Lia xx

Unknown said...

What an adorable and cute card for our first challenge this year! Love it! Thank you for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz and please come back on Friday to find out who is the winner. Good luck!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Barbiedi said...

beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the dragons lair challenge

Lozzy said...

What a sweet card, beautiful..Thank you for joining us at Buckwells Crafty Challenge and hope you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Good luck on the 'using up' resolution. I make this decision regularly!! Love your sweet creation. Thanks for sharing with Dragons Lair!