Before Christmas I was lucky enough to get my grubby mitts on the 'Bloom With Hope' set (thanks Sylvia!). I made a card using one of the stamps but hadn't used any of the others, so yesterday with a couple of hours to spare I decided to make a one layer card and make the bright shiny stamps a bit inky!
Sadly I couldn't even do that with this one as I would have had to chop off too much - I stamped the bottom left of the card perfectly well, masking flowers as I went along.
Felt just a teeny smug as apart from one little smudge all appeared just fine. Turned my attention to the sentiment and placement - decided, stamped and again - just fine.
I left it alone for a while to give the ink chance to dry and then sat and spent a relaxing time using some new watercolours. Was happy!
The I decided (foolishly) that the top right looked a little bare - so I stamped again using just the smallest flower- fine. Masked over the stamp to add the tiniest bit of leaf and the damn mask slipped - hence what can only be described as the jumbly ink mass in the top tight trying to be disguised with watercolour. I was SO mad!
OH said it looks fine so have bitten the bullet and shared it. (Not before adding a couple of sequins and two of the tiniest gems!)
Less Is More - 1 layer/New beginnings
Quirky Crafts - CAS
Virginia's View - Clean Slate
Simon Says Stamp - New
Happy Little Stampers - watercolouring (CAS)
We're still being battered by very strong winds here - the moor top certainly can whip up the worst winds I have ever experienced! But there's something about being all warm and cosy when the wind hail/sleet is battering against the windows isn't there! Thanks for calling by - stay warm and safe wherever you are. x