Tuesday 28 June 2016

Back In Time



As I am so short of any creativity I have resorted to CASEing my own cards!
To be truthful I am sacred of bees and wasps but liked this card the first time I did it and think I've made a better job of it this time.

When I did this first time round it was when I was experimenting with digi stamps. Although I prefer hand stamped images (just my personal choice) there's no doubt that some digis rank amongst my faves and I always thought this was a pretty stamp.

I made our little stingy stripey friend 3d by printing out again and fussy cutting then mounting on foam pads.
A little bit of blingy to the wings was definitely required after colouring the image with Distress Inks.

I am trying to remember who I should give credit to for the stamp and sentiment. I think it was TLC - but to be fair it was that long ago I'm struggling to remember.

At least I have made SOMETHING!!! Am starting to get really frustrated as I am only home for another day before my Vice Presidential duties are upon me again for another week away - and no matter how hard I have wanted to make messy all I have done is stare at an empty and clean desk!!!

Challenges -
Addicted to CAS - Fly
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with optional twist Sights of Summer
Crafty Boots - Summer
CCB - Winged things

It's currently nothing like Summer here - hasn't stopped raining!
Hope all is well where you are. x

23 comments:

maria f. said...

Just beautiful. I love how the sentiment is deceiving. Everything looks so elegant and then there's the touch of humor.

Carole said...

I am not a bee/wasp fan either Viv but I do like your card......very stylish. I certainly sympathise with you on the mojo front. I think it is something that happens to us all at some point dont you? and of course always at the most inconvenient of times. Take a notebook with you on your travels in case inspiration strikes and you can use your ideas on your return. Be safe on your journeys. Wet here too!!!.....I did bring the sun back from hols with me but someone seems to have 'borrowed' it again!!

Cara said...

Just stunning. Hubby keeps bees and had a massive swarm leave one of his hives with the old queen last night. He didn't get home til after 10 when they were sleepy and he could move them. It's hard when mojo goes wall, you either have the time or the inclination and rarely the two together. I find trying to blog each day forces me to try and make something, even if it's not a great work of art. Enjoy your duties and I hope you find Mr mojo on your travels. Cara x

Sarn said...

Now that, THAT is a stunning card Viv, no wonder you CASED yourself! I love its elegant simplicity and the dimension.
TOP MARKS.

It's wine o'clock . . . that's bound to help you get your desk messy and a card created!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous idea and a brilliant design.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic and stylish card with a fun quote. I'm not a fan of bees and wasps either, but on a card, like this, they look quite beautiful.
Yvonne xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Viv,I like the design and the stamp
Kevin xx

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely card Viv, beautiful image. I have loads of digis from TLC but haven't looked at them for ages! Enjoy your bowling queen duties!
Val x

aussie aNNie said...

This is AWESOME Viv.x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous CAS card Viv. I must admit though, I too don't like the real wasps and bees (or spiders for that matter)!!, but the way you 3-D'd the stingy, stripey thingy is awesome, and I actually LOVE the card!!
Sylvia xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, this is a fabulous wasp (or is it a bee?) stamp and I love the sentiment. They make a wonderful CAS card. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Yvonne said...

Ack...I LOVE This...LOVE LOVE LOVE that bee is a queen!!! hehehe..so fun! Beautiful. every detail! Thanks for joining us at Creative Carte Blanche!

Susan said...

Love this simply elegant card, Viv! Such a wonderful sentiment for a birthday - anyone would love to receive this one! Thanks for sharing it with us here at Creative Carte Blanche!

Linby said...

I did think I had seen something similar before - so thanks for confirming I am not losing it! Just love it this time around too - so effective. I hope your mojo comes back.

Mrs Beez said...

Absolutely love this. That bee image is fab and I love the dimension and glitter you have given it. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Natalie said...

wonderful card :)
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Aileen said...

Wonderful card,love the whole design you have used. Perfect

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Your mojo is back! I had to chuckle, I've been CASEing my own cards, too! I think its a fun thing to do. This one is just gorgeous, simple and elegant. CASE on, girl! Great result. Thanks for sharing this on Creative Carte Blanche, I hope you'll share more with us!

Pat said...

I love to see bees on a card and you have made a lovely job of layering this Viv. I prefer bees to wasps as they are not so inclined to sting and I cannot bear eating outside when there is a plague of wasps trying to eat you at the same time .. lol. x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Stunning!!! Beautiful coloring and LO. Thank you for joining our challenge at ATCAS!

Bhavana said...

Delicate and beautiful :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

Deepti said...

This looks amazing :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS

LeAnne said...

I love bees...at least on cards, anyway...and this is delightful!