Saturday 27 May 2017

Finally A Share!!!

HELLO BLOGLAND! Have missed you.
20 days since I have been able to post anything - and am only here for a fleeting visit before off I go again.
Thanks to everyone who is still following me.
Have a commissioned card which I have made over the last couple of days whilst waiting for the washing to do and in between the ironing!
I don't often use digi stamps but this was one in my digi folder which I think was a freebie some time ago from Just Inklined.

The person who ordered the card thought it was a fun image for the bride and groom and I was asked to tie it in with a pink theme as the bridesmaids are wearing pink.

I confess I found this card really difficult to do - it's been such a long time since I have done ANYTHING but even longer since I've made anything that hasn't involved ink dusters and stamps!
Even worse I used the dreaded white pearlised card - which is just pants when it comes to photo taking!

Embossed the first layer with a swirly folder to give the background some texture.
Printed out the digi and clear embossed before cutting out with the oval frame die, then coloured with Promarkers. Added teeny flecks of glamour dust onto the edges of the bow on the shoes and a pink sparklie.
The flowers were all made from the rest of the pearlised card. I inked the edges of each of them with Spun Sugar DI and added a little more glamour dust.

A big pink bow and a couple of silver charms - the heart because it IS a wedding after all (!!) and the key for the poor groom to unlock his ball and chain!!
Can only hope they like it!

As it's been an age since I linked into any challenges am heading over to join in at
Crafty Catz - Make your Own Flowers
Fussy and Fancy - Flowers
In the Pink -Embossing
Simply Create Too - Use a Digi stamp
Creative Knockouts - Embossing

I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate that you are bearing with me this year. It is soooo busy and the travelling is immense. BUT - I am getting to visit lots of lovely places and meet lots of really nice people so being tired is worth it - and - you only get one go at it so you have to make the most of it!
Hope all OK with you and yours my blogging buddies. xxx

14 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great Card Viv...

Anne

aussie aNNie said...

Love the ball and chain, lol, awesome card and good to see something from you before you wander off again.xx

Sarn said...

Hello YOU! Soooo pleased to see you're still alive and all is well! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me that fun comment you nutter!

Super looking card and personalised to boot (or should that be shoe???) LOL!

Great embellishing too.

Carry on enjoying yourself while gallivanting round the country . . . ..

Hugs, Sarnie x

Barb said...

A beautiful card Viv and fun too. A beautiful design and your flowers are very pretty. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

Priceless. Am sure the card will go down a storm. Love the layers and the colours. Safe travels wherever it may take you. Hugs Mrs A.

Carole said...

Hi Viv! This is gorgeous..Fun but classy and of course special too, I am sure it will go down a storm. You are like me..varied in your creations,not having one signature style...and I like that...TALENTED I say. Hugs and safe wanderings......xx

Kathleen said...

I think it is a very good photo, it show up the super embossing perfectly. A super fun image and love the addition of the key. Beautiful card.

Kath x

Di said...

Stunning card Viv! And have just peeked at your FB account - you probably passed within a couple of miles of us on your way down to the South Coast! I needed a lie down after seeing all the places you've been to lately! But, as you say, you only get the one chance - so good for you, and the photos are such happy ones too!

Hugs

Di xxxxxx (and Parsnip xx)

Cara said...

Fab card, love the flowers you made and your choice of charms is hilarious! Mind how you go x

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Viv and I'm sure will be a keeper by the bride and groom to remember their big day. I love the digi, and the pretty frame, and the flowers are gorgeous, and what great charms to finish it perfectly. You are right, as this is your year in the top job you should enjoy every minute. x

Carole Pollard said...

What a beautiful card i love the embossing folder Thanks for joinig us at in The Pink Challenge Love and hugs Carole x

NickScrapShack said...

Great card! I love your embossing, the pretty flowers and beautiful bow. I´m sure the receiver will love it!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck! Nick DT

Pia S said...

A clever and fun mix of romance and humor, love the concept!

Joanie said...

Your card is beautiful! I would certainly use it for a wedding. Wonderful coloring and love the flowers you made! I could write and write about how lovely this card is but I want others to have something to write!